no response to a quick second mouse click after clicking on the arrow of a tree node

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

mosunovpa

no response to a quick second mouse click after clicking on the arrow of a tree node

Post by *mosunovpa »

There is no response to a quick second mouse click after clicking on the arrow of the separate tree node.
How to reproduce:
1. Click on the arrow of the separate tree node.
2. Very quickly, without pausing, click on any other node in the tree.
3. No effect.

This behavior is only in the separate tree (Ctrl+Shift+F8). Tree view works correctly (Ctrl+F8).
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Re: no response to a quick second mouse click after clicking on the arrow of a tree node

Post by *petermad »

This behavior is only in the separate tree (Ctrl+Shift+F8). Tree view works correctly (Ctrl+F8).
I can actually reproduce it also in the file panel Tree View, but I can only reproduce it if the second folder I click on is placed above the first one - otherwise I cannot move the cursor fast enough to the second arrow / +sign.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: no response to a quick second mouse click after clicking on the arrow of a tree node

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

This is intentional because people often double clicked on these nodes and were then surprised that it didn't open.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
mosunovpa

Post by *mosunovpa »

But the Tree View works without lag. For me it is more convinient. Windows File Explorer tree works without any lags also.
In addition, this behavior prevents you from quickly expanding nodes by pressing the arrow icon. it's a little annoying
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Sorry, I will not change this, it could have many unwanted effects.

Moderator message

Moved to will not be changed
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com