Not a bug: background cursor when pressing Backspace on the root of a regular or FTP drive

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Not a bug: background cursor when pressing Backspace on the root of a regular or FTP drive

Post by *Fla$her »

If I press Backspace in the drive list, the mouse cursor does not change.
The same cannot be said about the drive root (ShowParentDirInRoot=0), especially FTP.
Apparently, there is an unsuccessful exit attempt instead of ignoring the attempt itself.
Sometimes the background cursor also appears in the network neighborhood.

A trifle, but still.
Overquoting is evil! 👎
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Not a bug: background cursor when pressing Backspace on the root of a regular or FTP drive

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

When I press Backspace in the root of a normal drive, the cursor also blinks.

With FTP, Total Commander sends a CDUP command, this is meant for servers which don't report the current directory.

Moderator message

Moved to will not be changed
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Not a bug: background cursor when pressing Backspace on the root of a regular or FTP drive

Post by *Fla$her »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2023-11-01, 07:58 UTC When I press Backspace in the root of a normal drive, the cursor also blinks.
Why "also", if I wrote about it in the title and message?
background cursor when pressing Backspace on the root of a regular or FTP drive
The same cannot be said about the drive root (ShowParentDirInRoot=0)

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2023-11-01, 07:58 UTC With FTP, Total Commander sends a CDUP command, this is meant for servers which don't report the current directory.
If you can't remove the background cursor from FTP, can you remove it in the drive root and network neighborhood?
Overquoting is evil! 👎