How to add a new icon for a Microsoft Store Aplication?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Rafa

How to add a new icon for a Microsoft Store Aplication?

Post by *Rafa »

Hello, I have added many icons for programs in Win10 and in the bar icons of TC.
Now the problem is that I install a new program from de Microsoft Store and I can´t add a new (functionally) icon in the bar icons of Total Commander.
I can drag an icon from the programs list to the desktop, but not create a new one.

The problem is not of the Total Commander!
The problem is that with that kind of software you can´t add a icon to the deskyop or to the TotalCommander Bar icons because of the "permissions".
I have the program at "c:\Program Files\WindowsApps\newprogram..."

Can you help me?, although it´s not a proprerlly TC problem.

Thank you.
beb

Re: How to add a new icon for a Microsoft Store Aplication?

Post by *beb »

2Rafa
Create your own icons depot within the Total Commander access scope, e.g., %commander_path%\Plugins\icons, %commander_path%\icons, or so, or elsewhere you'd prefer to put/extract/copy/store them.
It's also up to you how to keep up your icons collection, just as a placer deposit of the separate icons, or organized into your custom icon libraries (.icls, .dlls).
Then use icons from there.
#278521 User License
Total Commander [always the latest version, including betas] x86/x64 on Win10 x64/Android 10
Rafa

Post by *Rafa »

2 beb, thank you but the problem is that "Windows don´t have access to .... May be that you don´t have permission..."

Image: https://i.postimg.cc/zXBktQZD/snap001409.jpg

2 myself (I answer myself)
A solution that works fine is: type the command "c:\Users\USUARIO\Desktop\Sketchbook-Pro.lnk", that is a link dragged from The Automatics Created Icon/Progam (Microsoft Store autoinstallation) in the "Program List/Icons" from the lower left Windows Icon.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

The easiest way to add a button for a Windows Store app is the following:
1. On the Total Commander command line (above buttons F5, F6), enter the following command
cd shell:AppsFolder
2. Right click on the app you want to add
3. Choose "Create shortcut". It will suggest to create it on the Windows desktop
4. Go to the directory c:\users\your user name\Desktop or c:\users\your user name\OneDrive\Desktop if the former doesn't exist
5. If you don't want to have the app on the desktop, you can move the lnk file elsewhere
6. Drag the lnk file to a free space on the button bar to add it. Unfortunately you will have to choose a different icon
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com