cm_Edit: how to get to that magical [ + ] button described in the command help?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

sa16

Re: cm_Edit: how to get to that magical [ + ] button described in the command help?

Post by *sa16 »

I have this behavior in the TC11.01-11.03.
There is a command: cm_Edit /CGL0N="<[P].txt"
When this command does not work (creates a .txt file instead of Parent_folder.txt), I execute the cm_Edit /C command (you can refuse to create a file) and everything gets better.
When this command works correctly (creates a file Parent_folder.txt), I execute the NewFolder (F7) command (you can refuse to create a folder) and everything breaks down.
white
Power Member
Power Member

Re: cm_Edit: how to get to that magical [ + ] button described in the command help?

Post by *white »

sa16 wrote: 2024-02-15, 12:18 UTC There is a command: cm_Edit /CGL0N="<[P].txt"
When this command does not work (creates a .txt file instead of Parent_folder.txt), I execute the cm_Edit /C command (you can refuse to create a file) and everything gets better.
I have created a separate bug report for this here: [TC 11.03rc6] cm_edit: placeholder [P] not always working in /N parameter
white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

white wrote: 2024-02-07, 12:26 UTC
beb wrote: 2024-02-06, 23:39 UTC Thank you again, you dropped a hint when needed, and the question is closed.
I think you raised a valid issue that the help text is not clear. Perhaps change:
Alternatively, use templates from the "+" button to create multiple files.
to:
Alternatively, use placeholders as mentioned on the [SHIFT+F4: New text file] help page.
2ghisler(Author)
Can you change the help text for the N parameter for the cm_edit command on the help page "Dialog box: Choose command" as mentioned?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Use
cm_Edit /CL0N="<[P].txt"
without G.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com