Thumbnails bug: the recycle/reload icon stays on the file

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Shlomi

Thumbnails bug: the recycle/reload icon stays on the file

Post by *Shlomi »

Hi,

I think I have found bug when the thumbnails are displayed. Sometime while the thumbnails are being loaded the recycle/reload icon stays on the file, the actual thumbnail gets loaded onto the next file, so the file name and the thumbnail do not match anymore and that could accumulate to 2,3,4 files so that the thumbnail is loaded to the wrong file, 2 or 3 files back.

I suspect it happens because there was an error or delay while loading the thumbnail and the original file gets the recycle thumbnail but the commander recovers and loads the thumbnail still, just allocates it to the next file in line.
There is no way to reset it unless you reload the folder.

Secondary to that the process is very slow, much slower than the explorer and thirdly the caching also seems very slow (compared the the explorer).

I have been using the Commander for many years and absolutely love it!
thank you.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Thumbnails bug: the recycle/reload icon stays on the file

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Not confirmed, need more information to reproduce.

Btw, it's not a recycle icon (that has 3 arrows), but a reload icon. It symbolizes that Total Commander is loading or re-loading the thumbnail.
It's possible that the thumbnail provider (which can be from a third party Explorer addon or Total Commander plugin) crashes or hangs, then the reload icon will not get away.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Thumbnails bug: the recycle/reload icon stays on the file

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Please provide more information, otherwise I will have to move this thread to "will not be changed".
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com