Button context-menu option to open as bar (even when show as menu" is checked)

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Helix751

Button context-menu option to open as bar (even when show as menu" is checked)

Post by *Helix751 »

Button-bar sub-bars can be opened as button bars or as pop-up menus.
This is fine but it would be great having a way to open the bar "the other" way (eg. as a bar even when "Open as menu" is checked for a button subbar) would help keeping a bar opened for drag and drop over buttons or for copy+paste for buttons (menu bars do no t allow copying and/or pasting buttons).
Regards,
Sergio

TCmd license #12059
TC11.03x86/x64 | Win11 Pro
Stefan2
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Button context-menu option to open as bar (even when show as menu" is checked)

Post by *Stefan2 »

Click [Help]-Button or press F1-key or open the TOTALCMD.CHM from TC folder (or subfolder "e").

In CHM go > Operation > User interface > click on the "(Button bar)" > click "Dialog box to change" > use the Ctrl+F-search:

To find: Show as menu:
Only for .bar files: Show linked button bar file as a popup menu instead of switching to the new bar.
Use Shift to use the other option, e.g. show bar as menu if this option isn't checked.

That?

Helix751

Re: Button context-menu option to open as bar (even when show as menu" is checked)

Post by *Helix751 »

Thanks. That's it. No idea when was this implemented, but great to know even after deades using TC every sngle day.
Regards.
Regards,
Sergio

TCmd license #12059
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

No idea when was this implemented
It was implementet in TC 7.50b1 - 16 years ago:
histoty.txt wrote:14.03.08 Added: Show button bar files (*.bar) as dropdown menus when the user holds down Shift while clicking on the menu button
Help for TC 7.50 and later versions wrote:Dialog box: Configuration - Change button bar
Show as menu: Only for .bar files: Show linked button bar file as a popup menu instead of switching to the new bar. Use Shift to use the other option, e.g. show bar as menu if this option isn't checked.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Helix751

Post by *Helix751 »

Thanks for pointing this. Even though I've been using TC since Win3.1, back in 1993 and my 1st license is dated 1996, it's not easy to keep track on minor improvements and additions and I confess not reading (at all) the changelogs for each version.. Maybe just skimming over them from time to time. Indeed my fault, but thanks again @Stefan2 and @petermad for the help and time to answer.
Regards,
Sergio

TCmd license #12059
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Helix751,
it's not easy to keep track on minor improvements and additions and I confess not reading (at all) the changelogs for each version. [...] Indeed my fault
Only a few hardcore fans do, even fewer do remember everything, and it's definitely not your "fault" ;)

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Stefan2
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Stefan2 »

Hacker wrote: 2024-04-14, 14:32 UTC even fewer do remember everything

Why do you look at me?

OK, you're right :-(