An easy way to view 'Environment variables' at places where you need to enter path

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

t3ster

An easy way to view 'Environment variables' at places where you need to enter path

Post by *t3ster »

For example when you change the button bar, at the 'command' input-field you have a magnify icon, when you click on it you see commands category at the left.

Suggestion: add 'Environment variables' as an category, when user clicks on it all available environment are shown.
This is just an example, implementation is off course up to author (if worthy of implementation).
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Re: An easy way to view 'Environment variables' at places where you need to enter path

Post by *petermad »

If you mean the environment variables listed when you run: hh.exe %COMMANDER_PATH%\TOTALCMD.CHM::env_vars.htm then I am all for it, but I think it should be assiged to a separate dialog, opened via the menu under the "Change >>" button as "Insert env. variable".
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
t3ster

Re: An easy way to view 'Environment variables' at places where you need to enter path

Post by *t3ster »

Yes that's the 'Environment variables' I was referring to.
I hope it will be implemented in some form.