Background Transfer Manager Help

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

WhiteKnight

Background Transfer Manager Help

Post by *WhiteKnight »

Hi, Everyone.
Please forgive me if my netiquet is a bit off it's been ages since I posted a message on the forum (well over a year).

I was wondering if there was a setting in the ini somewhere that forced all copy/move/download operations to go through the background transfer manager instead of the normal multi-threaded background method.

Also does anyone know if Christian has implemented the save and download from list function (already in other parts of TC) in the background transfer manager. I vaguely remember it being mentioned as a feature about 3 or 4 versions ago.

Many thanks!
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Hi,
was wondering if there was a setting in the ini somewhere that forced all copy/move/download operations to go through the background transfer manager instead of the normal multi-threaded background method.
No, there is not, but as a workaround you can use this script: Always copy / move in Queue. It requires that you install AutoHotkey but it's very well worth the install. :)
See also the AutoHotkey page in our Wiki.

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

in wcx_ftp.ini
FtpInBackground=

in Wincmd.ini
AlwaysCopyInBackground=

AlwaysPackInBackground=

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

By then way:

You could use the Ultra TC Config editor as quick reference for all ini settings. It has a powerful search function where you can also search in the description.

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams