[Wish] More internal commands

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Gregory

[Wish] More internal commands

Post by *Gregory »

Here I collected my wishes for new internal commands of TC

1. cm_inireload - reloads ini files for current instance of TC
2. More commands like cm_50percent (cm_20percent, cm_70percent, cm_100percent etc.) or just one command with parameter
3. cm_quicksearch - command that invokes quick search
4. cm_altview - command that runs alternative viewer
5. cm_ChangeSizeDisplay, cm_ChangeSizeDisplayInFooter
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

2. Right-click on the divider between your two file lists for more options!

3. What exactly do you mean? You already have 4 options within TC’s configurations on how to invoke quick search. What advantages will you get by having the internal command you’ve suggested here?

4. Use Alt+F3 for an alternative viewer. Don’t forget to configure one under configurations -> edit/view tab.
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
Gregory

Post by *Gregory »

pdavit wrote:2. Right-click on the divider between your two file lists for more options!
Yeah, I know that way, but with internal command I can do that with keyboard.
pdavit wrote: 3. What exactly do you mean? You already have 4 options within TC?s configurations on how to invoke quick search. What advantages will you get by having the internal command you?ve suggested here?
I've suggested one more quick search shortcut - Ctrl alone. But if this shortcut will not be implemented, I still will be able to use it if there will be internal command that invokes quick search (I will simply define command in PowerPro).
pdavit wrote: 4. Use Alt+F3 for an alternative viewer. Don?t forget to configure one under configurations -> edit/view tab.
Yes, the only way to open alternative viewer is to press (Alt) + F3 , but suppose I want to use F4 to call it.
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

Yeah, I know that way, but with internal command I can do that with keyboard.

True! ;-)

I've suggested one more quick search shortcut - Ctrl alone.

The reason probably Christian did not use the Ctrl alone is the fact that there are many shortcut combinations in use by TC assigned to Ctrl already and this could cause duplicate problems. I’m quite happy with quick search in the mode letters with dialog box. I believe it’s the most flexible and problem free option.

Yes, the only way to open alternative viewer is to press (Alt) + F3 , but suppose I want to use F4 to call it.

Well, you didn’t mention editing in your previous post, you had: cm_altview - command that runs alternative viewer.

Having a single internal command to call an alternative viewer and editor is not feasible as TC would not be able to know if you need to view or to edit.
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
Gregory

Post by *Gregory »

pdavit wrote: The reason probably Christian did not use the Ctrl alone is the fact that there are many shortcut combinations in use by TC assigned to Ctrl already and this could cause duplicate problems. I’m quite happy with quick search in the mode letters with dialog box. I believe it’s the most flexible and problem free option.
I will be quite happy if there will be internal command, I can assign Ctrl alone to it with external program.
pdavit wrote:

Well, you didn’t mention editing in your previous post, you had: cm_altview - command that runs alternative viewer.

Having a single internal command to call an alternative viewer and editor is not feasible as TC would not be able to know if you need to view or to edit.
I suppose there will be no problem if I remap cm_altview to F4 - only alternative viewer should run.
Valentino
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Valentino »

2Gregory
You can create Start Menu entry for your alternative viewer and assign F4 to it.
Gregory

Post by *Gregory »

The reason I suggested cm_altview is that there can be several alternative viewers for different extensions but only one editor.

Making start menu entry doesn't help it's just the same as definig editor for F4.
Valentino
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Valentino »

Gregory wrote:The reason I suggested cm_altview is that there can be several alternative viewers for different extensions
Yes, now I see (the necessity of cm_altview).
norfie
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *norfie »

Last edited by norfie on 2004-09-11, 12:02 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Re: [Wish] More internal commands

Post by *Sheepdog »

norfie wrote:
Gregory wrote:2. More commands like cm_50percent (cm_20percent, cm_70percent, cm_100percent etc.) or just one command with parameter
I miss this feature, too. I prefer: one command with parameter.
2norfie
Finally you did use the search :lol: :P :wink:

I think we need a command with parameters to edit each entry of wincmd.ini (or wcx_ftp.ini) and reload the ini file for the current TC version: e.g.

cm_EditIni [1024x768 (8x16)] Divider =200 reload

cm_EditIni [Command line history] packen.txt reload

cm_EditIni [Command line history] ClearAll.txt reload etc.

There are many requests that would be satisfied with this solution.

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
DrShark
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *DrShark »

Gregory wrote:4. cm_altview - command that runs alternative viewer
The reason I suggested cm_altview is that there can be several alternative viewers for different extensions but only one editor.

Making start menu entry doesn't help it's just the same as definig editor for F4.
I don't see the internal command which will do desired task in a list of TC 9.12 commands, so it seems it still isn't added.
Currently as a solution I use following button, which sends Alt+F3 hotkey to TC window to start alternative viewer:

Code: Select all

TOTALCMD#BAR#DATA
cmd /c title Alternative viewer start & powershell -Command "$WSH = New-Object -ComObject 'WScript.Shell';$WSH.SendKeys('%{Escape}');$WSH.SendKeys('%{F3}')"

wcmicon2.dll,27
View with Alternative Viewer

Donate for Ukraine to help stop Russian invasion!
Ukraine's National Bank special bank account:
UA843000010000000047330992708
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

Or just use this button and hold down Alt while you click it;

Code: Select all

TOTALCMD#BAR#DATA
cm_List

wciconex.dll,27

License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar