Maybe new theme - file attribute copy

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

dvorakus

Maybe new theme - file attribute copy

Post by *dvorakus »

Hello to all,

I was looking for a function for copying only file attributes from one list of files to second identical, but I didn't find it. It would be useful for work with digital images when in the first list are photos directly from camera and in the second are these photos edited. So the reason is to store the original date/time.

And the second theme is collective deleting of a file (by filename or fileextension) which is occured in many subfolders of a base folder.

If anybody knows how to solve these my demands, please write. And if not, it would be nice to find these functions in the next TC version ;-)

Many thanks
Dvorakus
Vochomurka
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Vochomurka »

http://stevemiller.net/apps
Win32 Console ToolBox
Utility is called TOUCH.EXE. You can easily write a batch file, for ex., passing %T %N parameters from TC.
It really works. Enjoy!
Single user license #329241
PowerPro scripts for Total Commander
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

dvorakus,
copying only file attributes from one list of files to second identical, but I didn't find it. It would be useful for work with digital images when in the first list are photos directly from camera and in the second are these photos edited. So the reason is to store the original date/time.
You can try TimeCopy, first parameter must be source file, second parameter target file. Works only on one pair of files at a time.
collective deleting of a file (by filename or fileextension) which is occured in many subfolders of a base folder
Branch view (Ctrl-B) could be of help.

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Volniy

Re: Maybe new theme - file attribute copy

Post by *Volniy »

dvorakus wrote:I was looking for a function for copying only file attributes from one list of files to second identical <...>
You may try to write WSH script by using Script Helper ActiveX (use its method SetFileDateAtr).
SetFileDateAtr(File,[Created,[LastAccessed,[LastModified,[Atributes]]]])
This method allows you to set dates and attributes for specified file. All arguments except the first one are optional. You also may place reference to any existent File object (FSO) instead of any argument as source for dates or attributes.