why Delphi 2.0?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2majkinetor !
I cant answer your "Win 3.1" question, since I don't care, and I can't care less about 16bit TC. Developement of 16bit TC should stop at the current stage. No harm done, since at current level, users of 16bit TC will have too good application for Win 3.1 system, so no upgrades are needed. I don't know why Ghisler is wasting time with this when more urgent requests are isued on this forum, like this one, line numbers, icons etc...
I guess you understood this. "Win 3.1" is just the component tab where the components are located. Maybe TNoteBook can be substitured by another control.
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2ghisler(Author)
TNT sounds very promising. Is it still possible to have a single executable both for Windows 2000/XP and Windows 9x/ME (which don't support most Unicode functions)? Currently I call different parts of code, e.g. for displaying Unicode names in the file list, or in shift+F6 rename.
TNT claims:
Tnt Unicode Controls work on Windows 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP, etc. They allow you to write a single EXE for all platforms. Of course, full Unicode support is only truly available on NT/2000/XP. In other words, Tnt Unicode Controls automatically scale to take advantage of native Unicode support when possible. Tnt Unicode Controls inherit from the VCL as much as possible. Code reuse is a high priority.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

That sounds very very good! I will check how difficult it would be to use them in TC. It's something for TC 8.0, though.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

Lefteous, please, stop disappointing me - you should know already with who U talk and what is my knowledge level. Sentences like "You can copy files in Explorer using copy/paste" I take as an insult. If you can't talk with me on appropiriate level please don't then.

Why do you think I don't know about Win 3.1 component tab ? And why should anybody use Win 3.1 Component Tab when progammin 32bit applications ? So, the point was that it is only needed for 16 bit apps (obviously) and like I said, I don't care about garbage of the past.

2 Ghisler
You should make this high priority job. Who cares about icons, list numbers, yellow dots when he doesn't see file names in file manager (or, even worst, it can see them, but like garbage) ?!

I think you should give TNT a try. U can make some unofficial test versions so we can test them...
Habemus majkam!
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2majkinetor !
If you can't talk with me on appropiriate level please don't then
Just as you like!
frenky

Post by *frenky »

ghisler(Author) wrote:That sounds very very good! I will check how difficult it would be to use them in TC.
I'm happy :mrgreen:
ghisler(Author) wrote:It's something for TC 8.0, though.
And now I'm not so happy any more.
majkinetor ! wrote:2 Ghisler
You should make this high priority job. Who cares about icons, list numbers, yellow dots when he doesn't see file names in file manager (or, even worst, it can see them, but like garbage) ?!
I support this oooo so VERY much.

majkinetor ! wrote:If you can't talk with me on appropiriate level please don't then.
You shoud not be so easily offended.
We are here to help each other.
B 8)
Ambiguity succeeds where honesty dares not venture.
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

Lefteous wrote:Just as you like!
As I predicted.... You are too cool, right ? I hit on that answer.
frenky wrote:You shoud not be so easily offended. We are here to help each other.

That is what I do, you know ? I try to help! Problem is that some people think they are too cool for everybody. They think they are 2 8) to care... Well, frenky if you don't care about me, and I showed you some respect in the past (in this case, lot respect), then you think I am an idiot and that is "usualy" not acceptable by me. Sorry, must be some ugly property of mine.
Habemus majkam!
mixderax

KOL/MCK

Post by *mixderax »

There is also KOL/MCK (it supports unicode) to replace VCL.
Or moving all unicode stuff in separate DLL (one for ANSI other Unicode) like in foobar2000, so exe remains the same.
frenky

Post by *frenky »

majkinetor ! wrote:Well, frenky if you don't care about me, and I showed you some respect in the past (in this case, lot respect).
Thanks for that.

Rest, I do not want to quarel. And I do not think you are an idiot.

Let's fight for unicode :!:
Ambiguity succeeds where honesty dares not venture.
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

2 Frenky
Well, frenky if you don't care about me, and I showed you some respect in the past (in this case, lot respect).
I thoght about Lefteous, not you. It was methaphorical speaking.
Rest, I do not want to quarel.
I don't have problem with you.... never had, and I guess never will. U sound like a nice guy.
Habemus majkam!
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

majkinetor ! wrote: U sound like a nice guy.

Oh, that must be me. ;) :lol:

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

Actually, me, my real name is Frank ;-)
I switched to Linux, bye and thanks for all the fish!
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

2 Sans, Sheep
Don't worry, I count you too :)
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
Great!!! ;)
Habemus majkam!
MPS

Post by *MPS »

I don't know why Ghisler is wasting time with this when more urgent requests are isued on this forum, like this one, line numbers, icons etc...
i think there are still some paying users of this version :] there are also users from poor countries, where win 95 may still be a luxurious commodity, i think.
Alextp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Alextp »

Is it still possible to have a single executable both for Windows 2000/XP and Windows 9x/ME (which don't support most Unicode functions)?
Yes it is. I tried these TNT controls - they work under Win9x and under NT, Unicode support works only under NT. You just always use WideString for properties, and that's all, no different executables are required.