UnicodeTest/LockedTest

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Alextp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Alextp »

I have not been able to test it though since I don't get Dutch to display.
As I can see, TC has file LANGUAGE\wcmd_dut.mnu, so maybe you need to write [Dut] instead of [Nld]?
rolandd

Post by *rolandd »

That did it Alextp. You can use Dut in the language file when you release a new version. I will update my post.
Registered user #92105
X-Byte

Post by *X-Byte »

@Alextp
Since your update in jan 2013, there seems to be a bug with the locked test under the following conditions:

- Windows 7 64-Bit
- TC 8.01 64-Bit, started with a non-elevated, normal user account.

Many files are "locked" according to unicode test, which in fact are not locked. For example every single file in C:\Windows is now locked. This is the case for many more files in system and other folders.

Running the same TC installation, using an elevated Administrator account, shows correctly only a few locked files.

Mabye important: UAC is disabled via company group policy, so every user automatically is always non-elevated while users who belong to the local administrator group are always elevated.

With your previous version from 2011, everything works fine, no matter if elevated or not.
Alextp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Alextp »

That's needed change::i now test "can i write to this file? no? then locked". So under user account u see all locked. What for it needed? for testing running exe's
X-Byte

Post by *X-Byte »

I see, but then the expression "locked" is confusing because it's usually used when a file is opened by a program and because of that cannot be written to or moved. and thats what your plug in correctly showed before the update.
by using a different color for locked files I could easily identify opened (locked) documents, applications and dll files.

what your plug in does right now is a write test, not a locked test. This might be a nice addition but should be named accordingly (writable) and still offer the old locked check.
Alextp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Alextp »

U 're right maybe, i need to add writable field...