A content plugin provides additional information and properties for files and directories. In addition content plugins can be used to find text in binary documents. The data provided by the plugin can be used in several internal functions of Total Commander.
The possibilities for Content plugins are infinite. Just a few examples:
- title, genre, year of music- or video documents
- Comments or keywords from documents
- Full text search in Word or PDF documents
Total Commander delivers a file name to the plugin. How this information is retrieved is plugin's business. The plugin sends the retrieved information back to Total Commander. Total Commander will now display the received information or process it in another way. The chapter "Use" deals with this application areas.
Content plugins can be used in many ways.
- Custom columns view
- Search function
- Thumbnails view
- Colors by filetype
- Multi-Rename Tool
- Change attributes -> Change plugin attributes (requires TC 7)
- File overwrite warning dialog
- Add an idea or suggestion for a missing or existing Content plugin.
Back to Plugin