Custom workspaces / workspaces by directory
A workspace is a set of options (profile) which can be stored (and later loaded) with a unique name. A workspace would include the following properties:
- A mask which defines which properties are actually stored in the workspace profile. Only stored options wil be restored when loading the workspace .
- The current view
- The file list separator position
- horizontal / vertical file list orientation
- A custom view (filter)
- The sort order
Workspace by directory
The user would assign a workspace to the current directory. This would result in loading the workspace whenever the current directory is entered. Automatic saving of a workspace by directory wouldn't be a good solution. Options would include:
- Also in subdirectory (recursive). Load view also for all subdirectories
- Placeholders can be used in the path name so the path will match for similar directories
- An option which defines if the view is still displayed even if the user changed to another non-matching directory or if the default workspace is loaded.
The list of workspaces by directory would be a hierarchical list to avoid ambivalences.
Back to Internal functions