Bad location of button in "Change attributes"

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Yuta

Bad location of button in "Change attributes"

Post by *Yuta »

The location of "Load from file under cursor" is so off from the expected place that I never found it until someone told me.
Funny thing is, I was even missing this functionality and I was about to suggest to be added!.

I'd like it to have it at the left of "Current" button. This location is more in context.
Is evident that the text Load from file under cursor" won't fit, but I think a "Load from cursor" will do. Anyway it's function will be evident after pressing it.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

I guess that the button is placed near the bottom because it implies loading ALL of the above attributes (arhs, time, date AND plugin attributes if selected).

If you place the button next to the "Current" button it would give the impression that it was only loading the date and time from the file under the cursor, which it is not.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Yuta

Post by *Yuta »

Oh, I see now. It's date&time all I wanted to retrieve in my case. I didn't want to modify the other attributes.
It would be nice to have this button then. I mean just for date&time data.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

If you select more than one file - just click the a, h, r, s boxes so that they are FULLY green (not checkmarks and not white) AFTER you have pressed the "Load from file under cursor" button - then those attributes will not be touched.

Plugins attributes will only be touched if you have cheked the "Change plugins attributes" box
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Yuta

Post by *Yuta »

petermad wrote:If you select more than one file - just click the a, h, r, s boxes so that they are FULLY green (not checkmarks and not white) AFTER you have pressed the "Load from file under cursor" button - then those attributes will not be touched.

Plugins attributes will only be touched if you have cheked the "Change plugins attributes" box
I knew it, it's just that if you edit files times as often as I do, it would be more convenient and fast to have this button. By now I'll be using AHK as explained in this thread.
Can I copy only date&time from one file to another one?