Quick Search & Quick Filter

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Postkutscher
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Postkutscher »

Ok, just expand AltSearch= then.

//OT
explorer & TC do the same when copying files, and it is one feature, but it is in included into config dialog. When someone don`t understand the difference, he looks help or asks at the forum.
What do you mean under "the same way"? It would be accepted without discussion or not accepted at all? I don`t understand.
jjk

Post by *jjk »

Yes, AltSearch seems good.
A little as F3 (internal viewer) and Alt-F3 (external) : letter (without filter) and Alt-letter (with filter) seem no more complicated than F3 and Alt-F3.
Sombra
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sombra »

2Postkutscher
2jjk

Hello,
If I understood correctly, the option for ALt+Letter would be always activated by default. (Like F3 and ALT+F3 for lister)

If this is the case I can't be agree. Surely many user would lose the possibility of access to the main menu with Alt+letter.
I can read English, but... I write like Tarzan. (sorry)
jjk

Post by *jjk »

Hello Sombra,
You have a very nice avatar now (the old was also nice) !!
For me, Alt+F3 vs F3 was just an example. I think simply that it is very handy to QS by letter and QSF by Alt-letter.
It was also an answer to fenix_production which takes the argument that it would not be comprehensible by novice users. Because IMHO the viewer F3 dialog (in Configuration) seems to me also complex (because when you click on any button, the key caption switches) and everybody is now familiarized with it.
In that dialog, Christian has found a way to satisfy everybody fo a complex situation. So he should be able to find a solution, in order to anyone have only one mute key (as Alt or Ctrl) to switch from QS to QSF.

Thank you Sombra to have given your opinion.

And to fenix_production : no hostility neither ;) but, if I appreciate 99% of your posts, this time I don't agree with some of your arguments.
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *fenix_productions »

jjk wrote:And to fenix_production : no hostility neither ;) but, if I appreciate 99% of your posts, this time I don't agree with some of your arguments.
None of us are perfect ;)
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

Postkutscher
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Postkutscher »

Sombra wrote:2Postkutscher
2jjk

Hello,
If I understood correctly, the option for ALt+Letter would be always activated by default. (Like F3 and ALT+F3 for lister)

If this is the case I can't be agree. Surely many user would lose the possibility of access to the main menu with Alt+letter.
No, it must not be always activated by default. But I want have the possibility to turn it on. Now it is simply impossible. :?
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2Sombra
Surely many user would lose the possibility of access to the main menu with Alt+letter.
They can still press Alt, release Alt and then press the letter to access the main menu shortcut key.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Sombra
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sombra »

Hello JJK :)
You have a very nice avatar now (the old was also nice) !!
Thanks. It is according a new stage.
For me, Alt+F3 vs F3 was just an example
Aha, I see.
No, it must not be always activated by default. But I want have the possibility to turn it on
Same that to jjk, I see now. Any new feature in TC is always welcome while old features remain too.

2petermad
They can still press Alt, release Alt and...
I forget about it, thanks for reminder.

--
Greetings.
I can read English, but... I write like Tarzan. (sorry)