Missing section¦s in default <wincmd.ini> and…

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Clo

Let be objective---

Post by *Clo »

2Hacker

:) Hi Roman !
Well, yes, as you say, to you.
• To me and others who support… Is not any user suggesting any feature¦improvement thinking to
her¦his own convenience prior ? Including yourself…
…Yes, that is exactly what I am thinking. …
• You masochist… :twisted:   :P
…And that is why you use the Search function of an editor. …
• Long, tedious and boring, wasted time.
…I guess because XnView is not open source so Christian cannot use the functions Pierre wrote.
… nor the ones from Universal Viewer and a lot of tools¦Plug-ins where the INI sections¦entries are never messed up ?
- Sorry, TC is the only soft where this occurs. :(

:mrgreen: KR
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
nsp
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Let be objective---

Post by *nsp »

I hope it is not cultural ;) but like Clo and Paul i use a lot the ini files....

If you want to cleanup or test some feature the easiest way is to go there ! As said, it is not a new user stuff but i doubt that M. Ghisler only develop feature to capture new TC addict as current state is :
initial ini is crap,
no package with a selection of useful plugin,
no icon and color theme

2Clo
About software that maintain ini file i know a bunch that do like TC and move your new setting even if final ini have less than 100 lines.... (Specially the one written in delphi :?:)

Anyway we are lucky that TC started with old Windows 3.1 style (not all settings in the registry)

New portable apps are now based on XML file and embed a complete Schema that prevent mixing stuff....

But at least having a great full official ini template could help a bunch of TC user ... Even if i do not care about alphabetical order (even if it is very convenient and complementary to search) but at least with an organized file.

So this is a big Support !!!

one more bottle in the ocean of suggestion........
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

Is this really necessary? I tend to agree with petermad - to write one's own functions for INI reading and writing and keeping in alphabetical order just so that the INI looks nicer is overkill IMO.
• Prior, I didn't understand that Peter said that it's useless !!!
I don't think it is useless, but if it takes a lot of effort that could be used better at other tasks, I don't think it is worth it.

An I certainly don't want any alphabetical sorting, just it the entries stayed in place, would be nice.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar