Keep file cursor visible while typing in command line

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Jibz

Keep file cursor visible while typing in command line

Post by *Jibz »

The file that the "cursor" is currently at is marked with a dotted line around it when working with the file window.

If I start typing a command on the command line, the cursor disappears which can be a bit annoying if I want to add the file to the command line with Ctrl+Enter (I like to double check I was on the right file).

Would it be possible to keep the cursor mark on the current file even when something is typed into the command line box?

Edit: Some more searching found this related post.

Btw, in the configuration dialog, under Color, Use inverted cursor and Use inverted selection are mutually exclusive, so they should be radio buttons instead of check boxes if I am not mistaken.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

Use inverted cursor and Use inverted selection are mutually exclusive, so they should be radio buttons instead of check boxes if I am not mistaken.
Then you would need a third radio button ("Don't use inverted cursor"), because you cannot turn a radio button off (unless you turn another on).
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar