Error executing program

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

bsaksida1

Error executing program

Post by *bsaksida1 »

When i press enter on any avi files, i got "Error executing program!".

Other files works normaly.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

What is the association for AVI?

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
bsaksida1

Post by *bsaksida1 »

It is good.
If i hold right click to bring up pop up menu, then i click play, and my bsplarey opens properly.

I don't have any file ascionate problems.
bsaksida1

Post by *bsaksida1 »

I have posted the folowing:
It is good.
If i hold right click to bring up pop up menu, then i click play, and my bsplarey opens properly.

I don't have any file ascionate problems.

but i need to correct my statment.
i meant:
It is good, if ...

I can execute a file with mkw.
And Using Windows Vista
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2bsaksida1
mkw
:?:
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
bsaksida1

Post by *bsaksida1 »

petermad wrote:2bsaksida1
mkw
:?:
My typo:

it shoud be mkv:
http://filext.com/detaillist.php?extdetail=MKV
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2bsaksida1
You still haven't answered Hacker's question: what is your association for .avi files?

Click "Files" -> "Associate With...". Then write "avi" in the box at the upper right, and tell us what program gets highlighted in the "Associate with" box.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
bsaksida1

Post by *bsaksida1 »

I already did. by this line:
If i hold right click to bring up pop up menu, then i click play, and my bsplarey opens properly

I have 3 players asosiated to avi.

I have yust checked. Windows associonate is fine. In Total associonate, there wasn't any player to avi. I have specificied to Windows Player Classic. But for some reason, it will open Windows Media Player. File mkv also isn't associonated in TC, but when i press enter, default player opens.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

If i hold right click to bring up pop up menu, then i click play, and my bsplarey opens properly
This is just a "verb", but is it the default verb? The default verb is the one used for ENTER, and it's usually shown in bold in the right click menu.

I guess that the association was somehow damaged. The Explorer was probably trying some other ways to find an associated program with the default verb pointing nowhere.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
bsaksida1

Post by *bsaksida1 »

Yes it is bold.

And i use Windows Vista
wite

Post by *wite »

I know this post is old but it was the only one i could find that had the same problem as me, but this post had no way so solve the problem. like bsaksida1 said when i youst klick on a movie file in total commander i get the error executing program. i have done like suggested checked my avi association and it is correctly set to my video player program mplayer. i have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling total commander without any change, still get the same error. I dont get this if use explorer then i can change association to whatever movieplayer i want and it works. with total commander i have to right click and chose open or open with for the video file to start.

It worked from the start also when youst windows mediaplayer was the default program it was broken somehow when i changed my default program to mplayer instead. I did this couse i dont have any codec for mediaplayer. Im using windows vista home premium 64bit version.
Zakinjo

my solution

Post by *Zakinjo »

I found a solution for this problem for myself.
I'm using BSplayer to watch .AVI, and had kxProject drivers for my SoundBlaster Audigy.
Now when I installed official audio drivers, the problem with "Error executing program" appearing after running .avi files within Total Commander disappeared.

I hope this information will be helpful to someone.
Balderstrom
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Balderstrom »

@Zakinjo, afaik it is related to a damaged registry - likely in the file-association area of the registry. I can recall this error for JPEG's on more than one occasion, and has always been fixed after a clean OS install. Some programs just completely hose certain file associations. XnView used to be extremely bad in that regard when uninstalling it.

When you installed new drivers, its possible that certain associations were fixed during driver registration.
*BLINK* TC9 Added WM_COPYDATA and WM_USER queries for scripting.