[solved] Improper action deleting dirs in sep. tree

Bug reports will be moved here when the described bug has been fixed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

petermad
Power Member
Power Member

[solved] Improper action deleting dirs in sep. tree

Post by *petermad »

Checking this out: http://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=34700 I discovered some other inexpedient behavior, when deleting directories in the separate tree.

To reproduce:
1. Open TC with Full View in both panels and one (or two) Separate tree(s).
2. Make sure that Configuration -> Options -> Display -> Tree -> "Tree: Press ENTER to open dir in other window" is disabled.
3. Make an empty test folder c:\test and open the folder in both panels.
4. Right-click on c:\test in the Separate tree and click Delete or just highligt c:\test in the Separate tree and press Del.
5. Now the active panel changes to c:\ but the inactive panel still stays in c:\test even though it is deleted.

Sometimes when performing what is described above, I get a dialog box saying:
The directory c:\test is not empty!
Do you want to delete it with all its files and subdirectories?
[Delete] [All] [Skip] [Cancel]
If I choose Skip - c:\test is deleted anyway and the inactive panel shows c:\test and c:\test is still visible in the Separate tree until I click in the inactive panel.
If I choose Cancel - c:\test is also deleted anyway but both panels are changed to c:\ - also here c:\test is still visible in the Separate tree, but here it is not enogh to click in the panels to make c:\test dissapear form the Separate tree.

Unfortunately I cannot find a way to reliably reproduce the directory-not-empty dialog coming up - probably due to caching. I can easier make it happen on Windows XP than on Windows 7 though.
Last edited by petermad on 2021-05-30, 16:04 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

How is this different from the other thread?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

In this thread I am describing what is happening when VistaDelete=0 - the other thread obviously describes what happens when VistaDelete=1 (or default) - sorry that I didn't write that :oops:.

In my description above I do manage to delete via the Separate tree because VistaDelete=0, but the bug is that the inactive panel is not updated, if that panel shows the directory that is deleted via the Separate tree.

Furthermore I am also reporting that sometimes, I get a dialog box saying that the folder I want to delete is not empty (even though it is) (first bug), and if I in that dialog choose either Skip or Cancel, the operateion is not skipped or cancelled (the folder gets deleted), but the separate tree and/or the inactive file panel is not updated accordingly (second and third bug).
License #524 (1994)
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

Confirmed fixed in TC 8.01 RC1 32- and 64bit :-)
License #524 (1994)
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Thanks!
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com