Make auto view mode config page sub-dialog of view-mode page

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Sob
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sob »

Lefteous wrote:Why - you just have to scroll one or two tabs earlier.
Well, yes. But it's not like there's too much space there, I already hate how few tabs I can see at once now. Too bad I don't like multirows. Which by the way might not look pretty with extra button.
nsp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *nsp »

Lefteous wrote:Back to the main topic. Here is how I imagine the config page.

http://lefteous.totalcmd.net/tc/ideas/view_mode.png
Support ++

And you plan to switch to a resizable dialog similar the the rule definition, with per-filled current view mode..
Another nice feature could be to have all ruleset lines targeting same view mode highlighted. That will allows to add a or condition in an existing rule or create a new one if we wish another evaluation order.
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

Concerning the best location for the view mode switch menu I guess the best solution is simply to extend the tab right click menu. Yes, it has already many items but a distinct section at the end could work fine.
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

29.06.16 Added: Change view modes via right click on folder tabs, only affects current tab so far (32/64)
This works really fine for me.
I wonder why you wrote 'only affects the current tab so far'. Isn't the view mode set by tab when selected in the main menu? The current solution is how it should be.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I mean when you right click on an inactive tab, TC does not check the view mode of THAT TAB. And when you then click on a view mode in the list, it changes the view mode of the current tab, and not the view mode of the tab you right clicked.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

Would it be possible to NOT show the view modes when the clicked tab is inactive?
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Yes, when user clicks inactive tab he doesn't expect to see view modes for active one, it is better to show one disabled menu item with some hint (e.g. 'View modes only available for active tab') instead.

And it is really nicer to setup auto switch rules just on the same page with list of view modes.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I will consider it. The initial intention was to show/change the view mode of the clicked tab, though.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

It will be better to see view modes of rightclicked tabs of course, but in other case TC shouldn't at least confuse users with view modes of another tab.