What features you would like to have in version 11.50?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Re: What features you would like to have in version 11.50?

Post by *petermad »

Don't remember since what version this is possible but it must be working for (many) years now.
Folder tabs were introduced with TC 6.00 in 2003 and individual sorting in the tabs has been available since then.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
algol

Post by *algol »

After so many years I would like to re-introduce as an urgent request to finally implement a configuration option to bring up the <Shift><F10> context-menu IMMEDIATELY (without that annoying 1-second-delay, that is) ON PRESS OF THE MIDDLE-MOUSE-BUTTON/WHEEL-BUTTON. IMHO that is a missing feature long overdue for all who still strongly prefer the sticky-selection-feature via the right mouse-button as introduced by NC.

Some concepts turn out to be simply non-amendable over the years - and this is certainly one of them, invented at a time when there wasn't even Internet as we now know it. And moreover 2-button-only-mice are at the brink of almost becoming extinct in the 202x age. Ok, I'll admit that laptops with their touchpads are a relevant exception to that evolution - but even for those systems there are more and more advanced gesture-options around by now that can either emulate a middle-mouse-click or directly send "cm_ContextMenu" instead to bring up the menu without any delay.
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

algol wrote: ↑2024-04-20, 06:15 UTC After so many years I would like to re-introduce as an urgent request to finally implement a configuration option to bring up the <Shift><F10> context-menu IMMEDIATELY (without that annoying 1-second-delay, that is)
Shift + RMB and >>>
HISTORY.TXT wrote:07.09.16 Added: wincmd.ini [Configuration] PopupDelay=500 delay in milliseconds after pressing right mouse button until context menu is shown (shorter right click or click+drag just selects file) (32/64)
23.09.09 Fixed: If tcmdx64 fails to load the X64 submenu, the program may hang forever -> wait for a maximum time of 15 seconds (default), set via X64WaitTime=15 in wincmd.ini
29.07.09 Added: wincmd.ini [Configuration] ContextProgress=0 allows to turn off progress bar before showing context menu (in right mouse button selection mode)

algol wrote: ↑2024-04-20, 06:15 UTCemulate a middle-mouse-click or directly send "cm_ContextMenu" instead to bring up the menu without any delay.
Autorun (installation, last tweaks) + autorun.cfg:

Code: Select all

LoadLibrary Plugins\Autorun_Tweaks.dll
LoadLibrary Plugins\Autorun_Runtime.dll

ControlSetMouseAction /M 1 ContextMenu
ControlSetMouseAction /M 2 ContextMenu

Func ContextMenu
   If ItemAtCursor('index') >= 0 Then
      If ItemAtCursor('panel') <> RequestInfo(1000) Or Not ItemAtCursor('focused') Then MouseClick
      If ItemAtCursor('focused') Then SendCommand 2500
   EndIf
EndFunc
Overquoting is evil! πŸ‘Ž
algol

Post by *algol »

Fla$her wrote: ↑2024-04-20, 06:52 UTC Shift + RMB and >>>
Yes, I'm using the "autorun"-plugin already for different purposes. And yes, I know there are tweaks and workarounds out there. A shorter PopupDelay will reduce the waiting time marginally - but to my knowledge none of these workarounds will directly assign the MIDDLE-MOUSE-BUTTON to opening-the-context-menu within the blink of an eye, that is with NO DELAY AT ALL. Therefore any "scripted solutions" are not what I'm looking for.

To really work instantly it would have to be done within TC directly as an intrinsic configuration-option - and I can see no good reason as to why TC should not be able to recognize and interpret a simple middle-mouse-click by itself - in particular when considering the plethora of other fine-tuning and configuration-options TC has to offer.
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

algol wrote: ↑2024-04-20, 09:00 UTC
Fla$her wrote: ↑2024-04-20, 06:52 UTC Shift + RMB and >>>
Yes, I'm using the "autorun"-plugin already for different purposes.
Shift + RMB is not about the plugin, but about the default behavior of TC.
algol wrote: ↑2024-04-20, 09:00 UTC but to my knowledge none of these workarounds will directly assign the MIDDLE-MOUSE-BUTTON to opening-the-context-menu within the blink of an eye, that is with NO DELAY AT ALL. Therefore any "scripted solutions" are not what I'm looking for.
In the blink of an eye, the system context menu will not open on the first call in any case, regardless of any additions to TC.
But subsequent menu calls will occur immediately, without delay. What's there to think about if it's better to check?
This is the implementation of your quote, in case you didn't understand. Only instead of 'or' will be 'and'.
algol wrote: ↑2024-04-20, 09:00 UTCTo really work instantly it would have to be done within TC directly as an intrinsic configuration-option
Then it's better to add a button to the list of keys on the Misc. page, otherwise many people will not be satisfied, especially since many mice have very tight wheels to press.
algol

Post by *algol »

Fla$her wrote: ↑2024-04-20, 09:37 UTC In the blink of an eye, the system context menu will not open on the first call in any case, regardless of any additions to TC.
But subsequent menu calls will occur immediately, without delay. What's there to think about if it's better to check?
Thanks for the info anyway. So what is the current location of the very latest "autorun"-beta-build? And other than the link you provided about the autorun_tweaks.dll(64) - is there also an updated version for "Autorun_Runtime.dll64" and "Autorun_Process.dll64" in that beta-section? So while I'm at it I would at least like to upgrade the plugin to all of its latest versions. Any help on its current home-base would be greatly appreciated as there are still versions from 2010 around on the net.
algol

Post by *algol »

Fla$her wrote: ↑2024-04-20, 09:37 UTC Then it's better to add a button to the list of keys on the Misc. page, otherwise many people will not be satisfied, especially since many mice have very tight wheels to press.
Btw, such a button I already have. But what I do not get is - what's wrong with adding/including the middle-MOUSE-button (not Hotkey) to the standard "Operation/Mouse-Selection-Mode"-section of the Configuration-settings-dialog where it would obviously belong?
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

I use:

ContextProgress=0
PopupDelay=250
So I hardly notice the delay. Setting it much shorter than 250 can make it difficult to select files with the RMB,
License #524 (1994)
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

2algol
There is nothing newer in the public domain yet. The rest is available only to the author in the working version and will appear with the implementation of previous requests. When the Runtime plugin, as I expect, has a function of getting a handle by class or window activity, it will be possible to close the menu beforehand, but this is not yet available.
algol wrote: ↑2024-04-20, 10:21 UTCBtw, such a button I already have.
Which button are you writing about? I wrote about the Misc. page in the settings, not the toolbar.
It's supposed to be something like this:

[Shortcuts]
MMB=cm_ContextMenu
It's better for the user to choose the behavior for the middle click, rather than it will be determined by limited settings.
petermad wrote: ↑2024-04-20, 10:36 UTCSetting it much shorter than 250 can make it difficult to select files with the RMB
I have 0 and not experienced any difficulties.
Last edited by Fla$her on 2024-04-20, 10:56 UTC, edited 2 times in total.
algol

Post by *algol »

Fla$her wrote: ↑2024-04-20, 10:37 UTC Which button are you writing about? I wrote about the Misc. page in the settings, not the toolbar.
That is understood. I have re-defined <Alt><Space> for Context-menu but when working with the mouse I'd very much like avoiding having to reach to somewhere else while the middle-mouse-button is readily at hand and unfortunately without function in TC.
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

algol wrote: ↑2024-04-20, 10:55 UTC I have re-defined <Alt><Space>
Well, it's not a button. In general, for now it remains to use my code with Autorun and share your impressions. ;)
Last edited by Fla$her on 2024-04-20, 11:06 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

I have 0 and not experienced any difficulties.
Maybe I did not make myself clear - I am using PopupDelay=250 without any other means like autorun. If I set PopupDelay=0 it is under that condition impossible to select a file with the RMB without also opening the context menu, which leads to the file being deselected again when the context menu is closed. If i use for example PopupDelay=100 then, with my clicking skills, I get the context menu opened about every second time I try to select a file.
License #524 (1994)
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

petermad wrote: ↑2024-04-20, 11:05 UTC Maybe I did not make myself clear
No, it's clear. I don't have what you have. Everything works smoothly. Shift+RMB opens the menu immediately, but RMB with PopupDelay=0 doesn't.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

I don't have what you have. Everything works smoothly.
Hmm, I thought it could be an OS difference so I tested it under Windows XP and Windows 10 (already tested Windows 7) and I get the same -
with PopupDelay=0 I cannot select a file, even on my Windows 10 PC which is so slow, that I see the Windows' wait cursor before the context menu is showed.

It is the same with a clean .ini file (execpt for the PopupDelay=0 entry).

Are you sure you don't have two PopupDelay entries in your ini file - or that you have any tweaks running?

Here Shift+RMB and RMB works the same way no matter the setting og PopupDelay.
License #524 (1994)
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

2petermad
I remembered the reason: ScrollTC has horizontal scrolling when holding the RMB, because of this, at one time I set 0.