Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Re: TC keeps forgetting plugins

Post by *petermad »

2ghisler(Author)
On my Samsung Galaxy S20 I found out that it has to do with the phone's feature to automatically put unused apps to sleep.

Today I noticed that the WiFi Transfer plugin was missing in TC, so I checked this:
"Settings" -> "Battery and device care" -> "Battery" -> "Background usage limits" -> "Deep sleeping apps", where i found the WiFi plugin.

I tapped the 3 vertical dots in the upper right corner and chose Remove, and then removed the plugin from the list. That automatically put the plugin in the "Never auto sleeping apps" list, and the plugin was back in TC.

Another way to avoid having the phone putting specific apps to sleep is to go:
"Settings" -> "Apps" -> tap on the app and choose: "Battery" and select: " Unrestricted".

Or of course one can completely turn off: "Settings" -> "Battery and device care" -> "Battery" -> "Background usage limits" -> "Put unused apps to sleep" - with risk of increased battery usage.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: TC keeps forgetting plugins

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Wow, what a bad feature - I would understand if it would just put apps to sleep, but making them invisible to all other apps is terrible. :(
At least you now found the way to make them visible again.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com