Send via e-mail hotkey

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

pielgrzym

Send via e-mail hotkey

Post by *pielgrzym »

Hello,

is there a way to activate windows command 'Send to -> E-mail recipient' without opening the windows right click menu? On my computer it takes a lot of time for that menu to open (sometimes even about 30 seconds...). I often send files via e-mail and it's much faster to find certain files with TC than with standard system file dialog. It's also much faster to use hotkey, rather than drag'n'drop files :) thanks in advance! :)
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

I don't think there is a way to activate Send to E-mail recipient.

You can usually just drag-and-drop a file from TC to the compose window of your email client to attach or imbed the file.

You might want to clean up your right-click menu. For that you can use ShellMenuView or ShellExView .
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
pielgrzym

Post by *pielgrzym »

Maybe there is a way to run e-mail client with certain parameter with the right path from within TC? :)

Thanks for the links - I'll test them right away :)
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

pielgrzym,
This has been discussed here a few times already - try to find out what parameters are passed to your mail program when it is started through the Send to menu, using a program like Process explorer.

Sorry, I can't find the relevant threads at the moment.

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
pielgrzym

Post by *pielgrzym »

try to find out what parameters are passed to your mail program when it is started through the Send to menu, using a program like Process explorer.
I have Process Explorer - how to check the parameters?
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

I have Process Explorer - how to check the parameters?
Double klick on the email process. Presto, there you can see the command line parameters. Make sure you dont have the program running before sending the file to it.
I switched to Linux, bye and thanks for all the fish!
pielgrzym

Post by *pielgrzym »

Thing was easier than I expected :) I couldn't do anything using the process explorer (it always shows empty command line field - don't know why...). I checked The Bat manual and found a parameter '/MAILA=' which automatically attaches a specified file to the message and puts it in send queue. No good - I want to have mail editing window opened before the file is queued. I checked one more thing - items in the 'send to' menu are just links (LNK) stored in win xp user folder - in subfolder called 'sendto'. I checked the 'The Bat!" link file and there were no parameters :lol: so simply running Bat with '%n' did the trick :) maybe a small tutorial in the Wiki? ;)

Got it working with multiple files ;)

lst2str /X:"C:\Program Files\The Bat!\thebat.exe" /L:%L
Last edited by pielgrzym on 2006-01-14, 11:05 UTC, edited 3 times in total.
pielgrzym

Post by *pielgrzym »

I tried to make file sending system independent.

First I tried the "%HOMEPATH%/SendTo/<language dependant text here>.MAPIMail" %n. Mapimail is an activeX formant that passes the file to e-mail program. Unfortunately here we can read it only accepts the files to be drag'n'dropped onto it (this makes the work pretty difficult... There can be any file with extension .mapimail on which we can drop files to e-mail them). On the other hand here there are some command line parameters for 'mapimail' command (which apparently doesn't exist in my XP copy...). Any good programists/admins here? ;)