Ultra TC Editors 6.42 Final

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

kalokagathon

bug report

Post by *kalokagathon »

I downloaded UTC a couple of days ago, the 5.51RC1 version. Happy and feeling experimentative, I tried out just about everything (I'm not a programmer, but I'm not a novice, either... :wink: ).
Two things happened: 1) at one point TC would not delete the Folder history list at close. I changed ini settings through the History editor and unchecking the flag in Config dialogue, to no avail, several times, closing and restarting TC - I would always find an old list. I MANUALLY edited the file as I wished (deleted the list in Wincmd.ini), and the changes stuck. Now it works. The list in Wincmd.ini seemed fine, I even tried deleting or inserting a line between sections in the file but didn't work.
2) my command line will not appear anymore. Ever. I've changed flags with every (UTC) program possible, manually edited Wincmd.ini, , inserted the command in the menu and used that, and used the Config dialogue to no avail. With the Config dialogue open I would check "Command line", press "apply", nothing would happen. Same with the command in the menu - it would show a pressed state, but no visible command line. I would restart TC, do it again, save settings, close and open, uncheck everything and add one element at a time, anything I could think up. Nothing. I rebuilt it from scratch by deleting it and having TC create a new default one, everything was fine. I created a personalized menu, changed Hotkeys, and the problem presents itself again. The problem persists with UTC 5.51 Final Release DLed today.
I don't usually use the command line, but I'm discovering TC and its various commands without using the mouse (I had put everything I needed - but not everything :roll: - for a definitive menu), so I wanted to try that. I sent the Wincmd.ini and menu file to you.
kalokagathon

uhm... never mind...

Post by *kalokagathon »

OK, great way to present myself.
Somehow (and I can only guess it was my fault... :oops:
I had set restrictions on the user interface... I guess math isn't my strong point (hey, I'm a musician, what do you expect?! :D

[I hope you skipped and read this post before the preceding one...]

Sorry.

Ok, now, get along, back to your work, contrivance in effect, carry on...
Live freely, respect the planet.
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Re: uhm... never mind...

Post by *ts4242 »

kalokagathon wrote:(hey, I'm a musician, what do you expect?! :D
I can confirm from your wincmd.ini, many entries reveals that :wink: :lol:
kalokagathon wrote:[I hope you skipped and read this post before the preceding one...]

Sorry.
Not at all.

BTW: in Configuration Editor press Ctrl+B with bits sum setting like "RestrictInterface" to popup Bits Sum dialog box, it helps to easily calculate the desired value or just see which bits are set
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

Configuration Editor press Ctrl+B with bits sum
It would be nice if Ctrl+B also worked for the bit sums in the start of the packer plugin strings.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
versalzen
Power Member
Power Member

help with merging files?

Post by *versalzen »

ts4242 wrote:Here is my new package
I hope you like it.

please post your comments and/or suggesions for any program in the package in this thread
hi,
may i ask you, how i can merge two menus to a single one?

i'm new to this and just want to learn with the tc-menu-thing and your program.

i do want to merge all the functions/important features from some downloaded menus to one single menu that i can use later on.

but, as your help-file is not searchable on my winXP, i cannot find a way to just merge all the files inside your program to move all the lines together i want and delete the unused after moving them into a test-sub-menu.

any hint/help/idea would be very appreciated,
thanks
Was nützt der Löffel für die Weisheit, wenn man zu weit vom Suppentopf entfernt sitzt?

Mario
versalzen
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Ultra TC Editors 5.51 Final released

Post by *versalzen »

ts4242 wrote:please post your comments and/or suggesions for any program in the package in this thread
fyi and for "bugfixing reasons" ;-)

start menu editor:

if i choose a command (in the "choose command" window, by clicking the loupe in the main window) which is already taken, a popup comes up and tells me "cm_foo is already exists in: [total commander start menu] do you want to add it again? yes/no"

if i select "no", the "choose command" windows closes and i have to open it again an browse again to the command i which to click ;-/

this behaviour could be improved by just let the user return to the browsing after clicking "no" and not close the window. ;-)
Was nützt der Löffel für die Weisheit, wenn man zu weit vom Suppentopf entfernt sitzt?

Mario
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

petermad wrote:It would be nice if Ctrl+B also worked for the bit sums in the start of the packer plugin strings.
Sorry, I don't know which key you are talking about!
you can apply bits sum dialog for any key by set the dialog flag to 6 in the data file

versalzen wrote:may i ask you, how i can merge two menus to a single one?
the program cannot do this, but you can do this manually by openning the two files in Notepad and merge them in one file then open this file in the program.
versalzen wrote:this behaviour could be improved by just let the user return to the browsing after clicking "no" and not close the window. ;-)
I will see!
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2ts4242
petermad wrote:
It would be nice if Ctrl+B also worked for the bit sums in the start of the packer plugin strings.

Sorry, I don't know which key you are talking about!
I would like something that looks like this to be possible: http://madsenworld.dk/tcmd/ultraconfig.png
you can apply bits sum dialog for any key by set the dialog flag to 6 in the data file
Thanks, then I suggest that you change the {+Plugins} (Packer plugins) section to:

Code: Select all

(Packer plugins)
        wincmd][PackerPlugins][0|6][Lists all configured packer plugins (see Configuration - Packer).
            <br>	1 = Can create new archives
            <br>	2 = Can modify existing archives
            <br>	4 = Archive can contain multiple files
            <br>	8 = Can delete files
            <br>	16 = Has options dialog
            <br>	32 = Supports packing in memory
            <br>	64 = Detects archive type by content
            <br>	128 = Allows searching for text in archives
            <br>	256 = Don't open with Enter but with Ctrl+PgDn
            <br>	512 = Supports encryption
License #524 (1994)
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

2>petermad
it is not siutable here because there are two entries (plugin options and path) if you pressed OK, the path will deleted
I think you will hate this
petermad wrote:then I suggest that you change the {+Plugins} (Packer plugins) section to:
I will do.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

t is not siutable here because there are two entries (plugin options and path) if you pressed OK
I see. I mostly wanted it to resolve the bit sum, to see which options is supported - so as long as I remember NOT to press OK (actually it doesn't harm if I haven't made any changes) I will work for me.

Would you consider making a flag for the bit sum dialog but without the OK button (hence without the ability to make changes)?
License #524 (1994)
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *fenix_productions »

I wonder what is the differencer between 5.51 Final and 5.51 beta 2?
I am asking because AVAST raised an alarm about some worms. I've scanned both versions archives and realised that:
5.51 final - completely clean,
5.51b2 - see yourself for these scanners:
http://www.virustotal.com/
http://www.viruschief.com/index.html
CLICKING these links will give images of scan results.
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2fenix_productions
Where have you gotten that ultra_tc_editors_551b2.zip

As far as I can see UTC hasn't ben distributed as zip files since ultra_tc_editors_5.10_RC1.zip back in november 2005 - since then UTC has been distributed as rar files.

Furthermore the betas of 550 was named like: utc_editors_550b4.rar - and I don't recall any betas of v. 5.51 - so frankly I don't think that there has ever been a genuine ultra_tc_editors_551b2.zip - it's a fake.
License #524 (1994)
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *fenix_productions »

No, it doesn't seem like fake. This is zip file because I've always change RAR to ZIP to make all plugs archives similar (this means that sometimes names are changed too). General cleaning of plugins folder is the reason why I've noticed it yesterday. AVAST raised alarm during archive conversion.

I've been thinking that I've downloaded it from here but it looks like not.
The other possible sites are:
http://www.totalcmd.net or http://www.totalcmd.pl
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...