DirSizeCalc 2.22 (content plugin)

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

A new beta version of DirSizeCalc has been released.

List of changes in Version 2.00 BETA 5:
  • FIXED Interrupting ongoing calculations didn't work properly.
  • FIXED No values were calculated if the first field for a file was "Directory Count".
  • FIXED Passing through values didn't work even if PassThroughValues was set to 1.
  • ADDED Caching directory values.
  • ADDED cm_Refresh (default hotkey Ctrl+R) can be used to clear all cached values für all subdirectories below the currently displayed directory.
    Doesn't work in the current version of Total Commander (7.02a). You currently have to reenter the current directory to see the recalculated values.
Download DirSizeCalc 2.00 BETA 5 (Totalcmd.net Server)

Download DirSizeCalc 2.00 BETA 5 (my own website)
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2Lefteous
Just some observations:

In DirSizeCalc.lng (beta5) this line:
40=A|U|E|F
is different in size from the [deu] section:
40=Z|U|F|B|A
and from the [xyz] section:
40=A|U|E|M|J

If I make a custom unit like:

Code: Select all

[CustomUnitConfig_MB2]
AllowedUnits=4
NumberOfDigits=2
I expected it to behave differntly from

[CustomUnitConfig_BMB2]
AllowedUnits=5
NumberOfDigits=2
I expected that CustomUnitConfig_MB2 would show all sizes above 1 MB as MB (with two decimals) and all sizes below 1 MB as 0,xx MB - in stead all sizes below 1 MB is shown as B - just as the CustomUnitConfig_BMB2 does it.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2petermad
lng
Sorry I shipped the wrong language file. Please redownload BETA 5.
custom unit
Please see the introduction to see new size dimensions system:
http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?p=121774#121774
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

Please see the introduction to see new size dimensions system:
If I follow what you write there I can obtain what I wanted for CustomUnitConfig_MB2 (from my example above) by adding MinFileSizeM=1 - but only for files bigger than 5242 bytes - smaller than that just leaves a blank field.

But I still see it as using AllowedUnits=5 equals AllowedUnits=4 - that is: using size dimension 1 in the AllowedUnits sum is of no importance - is that correct?
Last edited by petermad on 2007-12-27, 00:42 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
License #524 (1994)
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2petermad
But I still see it as using AllowedUnits=5 equals AllowedUnits=4 - that is: using size dimension 1 in the AllowedUnits sum is of no importance - is that correct?
Yes that's correct. As I have introduced "AllowedUnits" in DirSizeCalc 1.x I reused the meaning of each bit in DirSizeCalc 2.x. "Bytes allowed" isn't requirered anymore. It also makes DirSizeCalc a bit more compatible with version of the old version.
Bytes are used as a fallback if the MinFileSizeX condition doesn't match. There is a bug in the current version which doesn't allow the user to show all file sizes in just one unit. MinFileSizeX currently works as "larger than" so even setting it to 0 will show 0 bytes files as B instead of M.

In the current version there are still some format problem left which will hopefully be fixed in the next version.
poseidon

Post by *poseidon »

DirSizeCalc 2.00 BETA 5.
In archives does not work! :(
Though version 2.00 beta 2 well worked.
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2poseidon
In archives does not work
Unfortunately showing sizes in archives has a side effect - sorting by size no longer works. This is handled completely by TC so I can only hope that it will be changed as soon as possible.

For the time being you can add the following value to your DirSizeCalc.ini file which is normally placed in the same directory as your wincmd.ini:

[General]
PassThroughValues=1
Restart TC (or execute cm_UnloadPlugins) and it should behave as in BETA 2.
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

A new beta version of DirSizeCalc has been released.

List of changes in Version 2.00 BETA 6:
  • FIXED "Contains files" showed general error although "access denied" was the problem.
  • FIXED Zero or nothing was displayed for very small values.
  • FIXED "Minimal file size" unit settings now really work as "at least as big" instead of "bigger than".
  • FIXED Plug-in is now able to consider user changes in the [eng] section even when using the internal English language file.
  • ADDED Custom fields. Several options are now field-specific so you can use two different behaviors at once.
  • DROPPED Old Reparse point handling options.
  • CHANGED Simplified and improved options for "not following reparse points". Setting is now field-specific and can be just on or off. The default for both options is enabled.
  • ADDED Added new unit options UseLangDefaultThousandSeparator and UseLangDefaultDecimalSeparator. Both option overrule their equivalent custom setting options.
  • ADDED New field-specific option "CalcMode". This can be either "background" or "on demand".
  • ADDED New field-specific option "Recursive" (enabled by default).
  • FIXED Made plug-in more responsive when using more than one field at once.

Here is an example of a custom field:

[CustomFieldConfig_Size (No Junctions)]
Field=0
CalcMode=0
FollowJunctionPoints=0
FollowMointPoints=1
Recursive=1
Possible custom field values:

Field:
0=Size
1=Compressed Size
2=Compression Ratio
3=Directory Count
4=File Count

CalcMode:
0=Background
1=On demand

FollowJunctionPoints:
0=Off
1=On

FollowMointPoints:
0=Off
1=On

Recursive:
0=Off
1=On

This version is feature complete. This means I will add no more features in DirSizeCalc 2.00. The next step will be to write a user interface for all these options. Finally I will write a documentation. Then I will release DirSIzeCalc 2.00.
Please report all bugs you find while testing - even if they are related to "not follow reparse points" :)

Download DirSizeCalc 2.00 BETA 6 (Totalcmd.net Server)

Download DirSizeCalc 2.00 BETA 6 (my own website)
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

Maybe it should be pointed out that the new options UseLangDefaultThousandSeparator and UseLangDefaultDecimalSeparator defaults to 1 and therefore has to be explicitly set to 0 in order to make the old options DecimalSeparator and ThousandSeparator work.

It is not enough that UseLangDefaultThousandSeparator and UseLangDefaultDecimalSeparator is simply NOT present in the ini file (wich they are not by default) if you want to use your own values for DecimalSeparator and ThousandSeparator.

Also it seems that UseLangDefaultThousandSeparator and UseLangDefaultDecimalSeparator only has effect when used in the [Default_CustomUnitConfig] section - not when used in any [CustomUnitConfig_xxx] section - is that correct and intentional?
License #524 (1994)
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2petermad
Maybe it should be pointed out that the new options UseLangDefaultThousandSeparator and UseLangDefaultDecimalSeparator defaults to 1 and therefore has to be explicitly set to 0 in order to make the old options DecimalSeparator and ThousandSeparator work.
This is correct theoretically but I found a bug in beta 6 - just a misplaced else :P DecimalSeparator and ThousandSeparator is used for each unit. They only work in the default section. Can you confirm this?
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

Can you confirm this
No - DecimalSeparator and ThousandSeparator works both in default section AND in custom sections. In default section UseLangDefaultThousandSeparator=0 and UseLangDefaultDecimalSeparator=0 has to be set for DecimalSeparator and ThousandSeparator to work.

In custom sections DecimalSeparator and ThousandSeparator override UseLangDefaultThousandSeparator=1 and UseLangDefaultDecimalSeparator=1 (set in default section).

So the only thing I see missing is the ability of UseLangDefaultThousandSeparator and UseLangDefaultDecimalSeparator used in a custom section to override the same settings in the default section.
Last edited by petermad on 2007-12-31, 12:27 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
License #524 (1994)
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2petermad
Sorry wrongly expressed on my part. With "they" I ment UseLangDefaultThousandSeparator and UseLangDefaultDecimalSeparator. Judging by your last post it works as I wanted to describe.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

Couldn't it be simplified by making DecimalSeparator=0 and ThousandSeparator=0 do the same as UseLangDefaultThousandSeparator=1 and UseLangDefaultDecimalSeparator=1 does now and then drop the use of UseLangDefaultThousandSeparator and UseLangDefaultDecimalSeparator?
License #524 (1994)
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2petermad
DecimalSeparator and ThousandSeparator are the values itself not an on/off switch. Anyway I hope the user interface will simplify configuration of the options.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

DecimalSeparator and ThousandSeparator are the values itself not an on/off switch
I am quite aware of that, but since there is no sense for anybody to set the value to 0, I just thought you could first check for the value being 0 and if true use the language specific separator, and else use the stated character - or is that to "dirty" programming for you ;-) ?
License #524 (1994)