[Req?] Last ACCESS time/date...

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

washuu

[Req?] Last ACCESS time/date...

Post by *washuu »

Hi,

maybe there is such a feature, but I cannot find it...
I need to see time and date of LAST ACCESS to file (on NTFS partitions of course) instead of last WRITE. It is kept in filesystem, one may check this data by DIR /TA.

Regards,

Washuu
HolgerK
Power Member
Power Member

Re: [Req?] Last ACCESS time/date...

Post by *HolgerK »

Welcome washuu

Try the following:
1) right click on columns header
2) select "configure custom columns" from context menu
3) press "new"
4) press "add column"
5) press "+"
6) select "tc->access date->default
7) close the configuration dialog

Kind regards
Holger
washuu

Re: [Req?] Last ACCESS time/date...

Post by *washuu »

HolgerK wrote:Welcome washuu

Try the following:
Thank you very much! I looked for an option in "configuration" menu and wincmd.ini and missied the obvious solution! :) :oops:

Washuu
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

washuu
Also, there is a way to make TC work with last access time instead of last modification time, i.e. all dates in file lists (Full view) and Change Attributes dialog will show the last access timestamp. One can set AccessTime=1 in wincmd.ini for that.
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
washuu

Post by *washuu »

Flint wrote:washuu
One can set AccessTime=1 in wincmd.ini for that.
Hmm, i don't see this in section wincmd.ini of my help file... Should I? :roll:

Regards,

Washuu
HolgerK
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *HolgerK »

washuu wrote:Hmm, i don't see this in section wincmd.ini of my help file... Should I? :roll:
Yes.
TC 6.54a: start the help, goto point:
4. Configuration and switches ,
b. INI-File settings: wincmd.ini,..
tcHelp wrote:AccessTime=0 1: Allows Total Commander to work with 'last accessed' timestamp instead of 'last modified', e.g. for copying files last accessed during the last n days.
I didn't know this too. Thank you Flint.

Kind regards
Holger
Edit
May be this entry is not in your wincmd.ini because it's never set and it's default off?
Last edited by HolgerK on 2006-04-12, 22:07 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

washuu
What TC version do you use? The description of this key (and many others) was added in 6.54 (though they worked in previous versions also).
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

washuu wrote:Hmm, i don't see this in section wincmd.ini of my help file... Should I? :roll:
TC-Help wrote:Settings in the file wincmd.ini

Please note: most settings in Wincmd.ini can also be changed from dialog boxes. Very few settings can only be changed directly, either because they are not meant for the end user, or they are only a workaround to a specific problem. Settings for the FTP client are stored in the file wcx_ftp.ini.
Note: The two ini files are stored in the Windows directory, but the location can be changed using command line parameters
. The location of the ini files can also be set in the registry. To do this, the location can be set either at installation time, or using the standalone program inireloc.exe, available on www.ghisler.com, Addons section.

[Configuration] General settings
1hourdif=0 1: Ignore time difference of exactly one hour when comparing files. This is useful when comparing between an NTFS and FAT volume (daylight saving time!).

AccessTime=0 1: Allows Total Commander to work with 'last accessed' timestamp instead of 'last modified', e.g. for copying files last accessed during the last n days.
Yes, I think so if you are using the latest version.

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
washuu

Post by *washuu »

Flint wrote:washuu
What TC version do you use? The description of this key (and many others) was added in 6.54 (though they worked in previous versions also).
You are right, the help file was from 6.53 version. My apologies for not checking this. :oops: (However i don't know why installer didn't update my help file...).

Washuu