English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Tab Control Access error in TC 6.55/WinXP

Post by *wanderer »

I got this error when i did the following in TC 6.55:

- I installed the 7z plugin (i suspect it's a general error with all packer plugins though) in my TC\Plugins dir.
- After that, i changed the location of the plugins dir and i forgot to update the ini. When i tried to press Enter on a 7z file, i got an "error in packed file". That was expected.
- After that i pressed ALT+Enter in the 7z to see its properties. That worked fine.
- Then i tried to press Enter on a folder and i got the "Tab controls access error". :)

Funny error that has happened to me before, i just couldn't reproduce it until now. Can anyone else confirm it please?
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Normally using latest TC on:
x32: WinXPx32 SP3
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2wanderer
If I try to reproduce what you are writing, the only error I get in TC 6.55 is "Error in packed file". I can not get "Tab controls access error" - But I am not quite sure what you mean by:
After that i pressed ALT+Enter in the 7z to see its properties
Does that mean pressing ALT+Enter on a *.7z file?

BTW in TC 7 you get this error: "Error, could not load plugin!" in this situation.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *wanderer »

petermad wrote:2wanderer
If I try to reproduce what you are writing, the only error I get in TC 6.55 is "Error in packed file". I can not get "Tab controls access error" - But I am not quite sure what you mean by:
After that i pressed ALT+Enter in the 7z to see its properties
Does that mean pressing ALT+Enter on a *.7z file?

BTW in TC 7 you get this error: "Error, could not load plugin!" in this situation.
Sorry, my mistake: I meant i pressed ALT + Enter on the .7z file i tried to open in the previous step.

Funny thing though. I get this at work but not at home... :roll: Perhaps something wrong with my INI?...
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Normally using latest TC on:
x32: WinXPx32 SP3
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.