adding a custom keyboard shortcut for my menu button?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

_venturax_

adding a custom keyboard shortcut for my menu button?

Post by *_venturax_ »

Hi..

I have added a button to my button bar, and have filled the command, parameter, path fields. However, i would like to be able to start it using a keyboard short cut as well.. Any idea how to do this? I have no previous experience messing around with the totalcmd internal files.

PS. I use TC 7.02a
m^2
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *m^2 »

Config->Misc->Redefine hotkeys->(select hotkey)->magnifier icon->(select usercmd.ini on the left)->New->...(I think that you won't have any problems with the rest)
_venturax_

Post by *_venturax_ »

Thanks man..

Just a quick follow-up question.. When i make such a short cut, which works perfectly by the way.. how do i make i as a button the same time.. it seems that i need to make it separately or am I missing a vital point here?
m^2
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *m^2 »

Yes, you have to do it separately, but you can use the same em_ command in both - you have the same magnifier icon in the change buttonbar dialog.
_venturax_

Post by *_venturax_ »

Thanks... now my problem is fully solved
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

Also - once you have made an em_command - besides from using it in the Button Bar and for Shortcuts - you can use it for an Alias, in the Main Menu and in the Start Menu - and you can use it in the Command Line
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
MarekCzerski

Re:

Post by *MarekCzerski »

petermad wrote: 2008-02-06, 19:24 UTC Also - once you have made an em_command - besides from using it in the Button Bar and for Shortcuts - you can use it for an Alias, in the Main Menu and in the Start Menu - and you can use it in the Command Line
First of all, thank you for your advice which appears badly wanted, valuable and still valid after 14 years!!!

There is one thing I can hardy imagine how I could use it and what for. You write that the user may use it in the Command Line. How would it work then, i.e. would TC perform the command as soon as the application is initiated? (I use TC 10 64-bit).
Gral
Power Member
Power Member

Re: adding a custom keyboard shortcut for my menu button?

Post by *Gral »

"Command line" here means part of TC GUI accesible by "CTRL+Down" by default - NOT command used for start TC.

Look here -> http://gral.y0.pl/tc/tccl.png
MarekCzerski

Re: adding a custom keyboard shortcut for my menu button?

Post by *MarekCzerski »

Gral wrote: 2022-02-22, 00:54 UTC "Command line" here means part of TC GUI accesible by "CTRL+Down" by default - NOT command used for start TC.

Look here -> http://gral.y0.pl/tc/tccl.png
Ah, then it is a terminological misunderstanding as I use the "command line" feature very often, but I was not aware of its name in the TC realm. Thanks.