Please remove the write protection

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

vman01

Please remove the write protection

Post by *vman01 »

This is the error we are getting when we are trying to sync up the data that we moved once already from one drive to another.....
Error cannot write s:\datacostp ... \...\wo 19 - sr 224 bridge over ns\sub tracking.xls
Please remove the write protection.

The user is an administrator of the pc and the servers where the data is residing. The source server is a Novell 6 server and the Destination server is a Win 2008 server. What can we do to resolve this issue?
wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Please remove the write protection

Post by *wanderer »

Hi there.
vman01 wrote:This is the error we are getting when we are trying to sync up the data that we moved once already from one drive to another.....
Are you using the sync tool?
vman01 wrote:Error cannot write S:\datacostp ... \...\wo 19 - sr 224 bridge over ns\sub tracking.xls
Please remove the write protection.
Maybe the path is too large and it hits a TC limitation. Anyway, TC7.50 public beta should not be far, i'd suggest you try it with this one and see if the problem is resolved.
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Normally using latest TC on:
x32: WinXPx32 SP3
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.
Adeynack

Post by *Adeynack »

It work for my by going in:

Menu "Configuration", item "Options".
Category "Operation" -> "Copy/Delete"

Uncheck "Use standard copy method (recommended)"
Select "Use copy+paste via Explorer (only in case of copy problems)"

That worked for me for the sync problems.
dodancs

Post by *dodancs »

Hey! I got the exact problem and realised it wasn't because of a Total Commander fault, but because I was trying to copy a 4.something GB file onto FAT32 partitioned usb, and I had to switch to NTFS because of the large file size!