Confirmation when copying to existing folder

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

djk
Power Member
Power Member

Confirmation when copying to existing folder

Post by *djk »

In TC 7.50 pb1 we have something like this:
"30.01.08 Added: Copy/Move function (F5/F6): warn if the user tries to copy/move a single file/directory to an already existing directory name."
It's horrible! I've used to press F5/F6 type eg. "ready" and the file was copied to subdirectory of this name. Now I have to press additional ENTER. Why? Is it possible to turn it off?
DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

Is it possible to turn it off
NO - but just type eg. "ready\"
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

Thanks. I know I can type backslash at the end and it works but if you type for long time only the name of the folder it's difficult to remember about it. You know some things your fingers do on the keyboard themselves before you evevn start to think about it :) So I press F6 type 'ready', press Enter and... switch to another application. When I come back in a few minutes to TC I see the question "Are you sure you want to do.... " - like in new Windows "I know you want to do it but think about it once again cause... " :)

I understand that there are many more important items to do so of course I will surely get used to it but I would prefer to turn it off.
DJK
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

TC 7.50 pb4:
19.05.09 Added: F5 copy: When copying in the foreground and a target dir with same name as the current file exists, show a checkbox to set the option CopyToDirWarn=0
19.05.09 Added: F5 copy: Allow to turn off warning which is shown when the user enters by hand a dir name which already exists: wincmd.ini [Configuration] CopyToDirWarn=0
Thanks Christian :-)
DJK
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

It works great but... it still needs the annoying confirmation when you use Move files (F6).

Could it work the same way as during copying?
DJK
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl