solved [imagine] problem with making an image into a wallpaper while using "Lister"

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

james310

solved [imagine] problem with making an image into a wallpaper while using "Lister"

Post by *james310 »

when i view an image with "Lister" & try to make it a wallpaper nothing happens, the problem existed also in version TC10.52, no problem in
version TC10.51.

After reading the comments I will try to explain myself better:

"imagine 1.09" is installed ( i think it's version x64, "Imagine64.exe" is a file that appears in the plugin folder) but i did not use the imagine plugin, i use the "Lister" to view an image & after clicking The right button on a mouse i choose "image" - "set as wallpaper" - "wallpaper centered" & nothing happens (no matter what option i choose, centered/tiled/stretched).

hope i explained myself better this time.

Win 7 Pro + TC11.00 final x64.

thank you.

Moderator message from: Stefan2 » 2023-08-09, 11:43 UTC

Added this response of the user from the main "Imagine"-Thread

Re: Imagine (Lister plugin for viewing img files)
https://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?p=439104#p439104
james310 wrote: 2023-08-08, 19:11 UTC version - 1.1.6 works, wallpaper problem on win 7 x64 solved.

thank you for the quick response.
Last edited by james310 on 2023-08-05, 19:55 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Re: problem with making an image into a wallpaper while using "Lister"

Post by *petermad »

2james310
TC's internal image viewer does not have an option to set the picture as wallpaper - are you viewing with a plugin?

The Imagine plugin has such a function - it works for 32bit Imagine, but not for 64bit Imagine.

I just testde all my old beta versons of Imagine - the last 64bit version where the Walpaper function worked is the 1.0.9 version from October 12th 2012.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

2petermad
To me the OP reads ambiguous. At first I was wondering the same thing. But due to the thread's title I think it's meant like this: The image is shown in Lister and while that's open, the context menu item to set it as wallpaper is used in TC's main window. It's possible that TC Lister holds the file open which prevents Windows from setting it as wallpaper. This might still be caused by a Lister plugin, or even a shell extension, but it could also be a bug in TC.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

The image is shown in Lister and while that's open, the context menu item to set it as wallpaper is used in TC's main window

I can confirm this
, also with a TC with a fresh ini file - hence no plugins. Only a problem with 64bit TC.

As for Imagine The problem also applies to the standalone imagine64.exe, but not imagine.exe

I can set the wallpaper with both i_view64.exe and i_view32.exe

EDIT:
I just tested again, and setting the Wallpaper from the context menu of a file in TC's file panel, when the file is open in Lister is no longer blocked.
License #524 (1994)
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2james310
james310 wrote:"imagine 1.09" is installed ( i think it's version x64, "Imagine64.exe" is a file that appears in the plugin folder) but i did not use the imagine plugin, i use the "Lister" to view an image & after clicking The right button on a mouse i choose "image" - "set as wallpaper" - "wallpaper centered" & nothing happens (no matter what option i choose, centered/tiled/stretched).
You don't write what you click on with the right mouse button, whether you right click on the file in the file TC's file panel as Dalai suspects, or you click on the image in Lister as I suspected.

You write:
james310 wrote:i choose "image" - "set as wallpaper" - "wallpaper centered"
I don't have exactly such an item in my context menu when I right click on the file in the file panel. I have either Windows' own: "Set as desktop background" (without any options), or I have Imagines Shell extension that shows a thumbnail of the image in the extension menu and the dimensions of the image, and when I click the dimensions I get a submenu where I among other things can choose 3 different styles of Wallpaper.

On the other hand - "image" - "set as wallpaper" - "wallpaper centered" is excatly what I see if I open an image in Lister with the Imagine plugin and right click on the image - see: https://tcmd.madsenworld.dk/imaginerightclickmenu.png - is it the same menu you see?

And as I wrote in my previous post - this function does not work in Imagine 64bit after version 1.0.9 from October 12th 2012

You also write:
[quotejames310]no problem in version TC10.51.[/quote]
Are you sure it is not the 32bit version of TC and therefore also the 32bit version of Imagine that you used back then?

I just tested wit TC 11.51 x64 and Imagine 1.1.0 and it does not work here either.

You can dowload this version of Imagine: https://tcmd.madsenworld.dk/plugins/Imagine/64bit/Imagine_1.0.9_x64_10122012Unicode.zip - this version is able to set the wallpaper in 64bit TC

BTW - Imagines Shell extension works in 64bit TC even though it does not work from imagine64.exe's menu. or the plugins right-click menu.
License #524 (1994)
Sir_SiLvA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sir_SiLvA »

james310 wrote: 2023-08-05, 15:49 UTC "imagine 1.09" is installed ( i think it's version x64, "Imagine64.exe" is a file that appears in the plugin folder) but i did not use the imagine plugin, i use the "Lister" to view an image
You actually do use imagine, because imagine is a LISTER plugin for IMAGES, so after you press F3 on an image, the Lister loads the plugin imagine to display your picture you pressed F3 on.
james310 wrote: 2023-08-05, 15:49 UTC The right button on a mouse i choose "image" - "set as wallpaper" - "wallpaper centered
THIS is the PROVE that you USE imagine as this item doesnt exist otherwise.

PS: please dont just edit the first post but add new comments normaly so they show up in rss-readers. TIA
Hoecker sie sind raus!
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2james310
james310 wrote:but i did not use the imagine plugin
Does it look like this screenshot in your Lister? https://tcmd.madsenworld.dk/imaginerightclickmenu.png

If it does, you'll notice that it shows "Lister (imagine)" in the left side of the title bar (marked with a read circle on my screenshot) - that shows that Lister is using the Imagine plugin for displaying the image.

Also, if you get a right click menu as shown in my screenshot, then your Lister must be using the Imagine plugin.

You can also see if Lister is using a plugin, when you click on "Plugins" in the menu - see: https://tcmd.madsenworld.dk/listerpluginimagine.png

If Lister is not using a plugin , but ss using it's built in viewer, then it looks like this in the "Plugins" menu: https://tcmd.madsenworld.dk/listernoplugin.png - and in this mode there is NO right click menu for images.

Could you please stop changing your first post to make comments to our posts - write a new post with you comments, that will make it easier for all of us, to notice that you have written something new.
License #524 (1994)
james310

Post by *james310 »

1) tried to make my first post more comprehensive & better understood, was wrong, will write a new comment.
2) i open an image with F3 & when the image is open i point the cursor inside the image & then press right button of the mouse,
from the options that are opened i choose "image" - "set as wallpaper" - "wallpaper centered", & nothing happens the image is not set as a wallpaper.

3) i thought that i do not use the imagine plugin, it's installed but i don't use it to view images, just the lister , but i was wrong, after looking again it seems that it is using the imagine plugin, the word imagine appears on the upper part of the picture like in the pictures you uploaded.

should i uninstall it ?

thanks for the patience.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Since this seems to be a bug in the imagine plugin, I'm changing the thread subject and moving this to the plugin forum.

Moderator message

Moved to plugins forum
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

james310 wrote: 2023-08-06, 07:05 UTCshould i uninstall it ?
Just because this little detail doesn't work as expected? No. petermad already found out that version 1.0.9 and the 32-bit version both work. You could also just use the file's context menu item in TC's main window instead.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Re: [imagine] problem with making an image into a wallpaper while using "Lister"

Post by *petermad »

I have reported the bug in Imagine here viewtopic.php?p=438899#p438899 , and written an email about it to the author of Imagine.
License #524 (1994)
Gral
Power Member
Power Member

Re: [imagine] problem with making an image into a wallpaper while using "Lister"

Post by *Gral »

New version fixes this bug - https://www.nyam.pe.kr/dev/imagine/

Code: Select all

v1.1.6, Aug 08 2023
 - Fixed: Setting wallpaper in Windows 7