Synchronize Dirs to Google Drive

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Synchronize Dirs to Google Drive

Post by *petermad »

2tokjdm
Why is there a problem going directly into the subdirectory ? This is simpler than what you propose

There isn't, and that is in fact what I do in my first video: https://tcmd.madsenworld.dk/syncgoogle.mp4 - it was to make sure that we were talking about the same thing, that I proposed the other way.

Is there a chance that you can give us some screenshots, maybe there is something that you don't think about, that we might spot. Both a screenshot of TC just before you open the Sync tool and one after would be good.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
tokjdm

Post by *tokjdm »

I tested again eliminating all files with Japanese names and I ended with 2000 files copied to the parent's parent's parent instead of the selected subdir
tokjdm

Post by *tokjdm »

I cant show screen shots since the directories involved are work-related
tokjdm

Post by *tokjdm »

Looking again at your video, there are differences with my own experience: you select the subdir "tom" on both sides and then get into "synchronize dir". The strange thing is that "test 1" appears greyed out on the top left corner of the "synchronize dir" screen but the compare function only seems to select files from the "tom" subdir. This is not my experience: if I do the same thing as you do, the compare function will end up with a list of files from the whole "test 1" dir, not the "tom" subdir only.
JOUBE
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *JOUBE »

tokjdm wrote: 2023-09-12, 02:44 UTCif I do the same thing as you do, the compare function will end up with a list of files from the whole "test 1" dir, not the "tom" subdir only.
Then it is probably the case that the problem is more local and perhaps has nothing to do with the cloud plugin at all? Please try testing with a target on your local hard drive (instead of the cloud plugin).
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2tokjdm
I cant show screen shots since the directories involved are work-related

Could you maybe just show the Sync windows before you do the compare, or are the folder names in the top of the windows also off limit?
License #524 (1994)
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
tokjdm

Post by *tokjdm »

I tried again using your method (selecting the subdir to be synchronized within the parent directory).
I did two synchronizations both of them involving files with Japanese names.
In one case, I ended up with all files copied in the parent directory (\\\Cloud\google drive\). In the other case, I ended up with the files copied correctly.
The only (obvious to me) difference between the two operations is the level of the subdirectories.
In the case where it worked, one of the subdirectories that synchronized correctly was \\\Cloud\google drive\office\Private\ (the other one was at the same level, i.e., within "office").
In the case where it did not work, the subdirectories involved were much lower, for instance :
\\\Cloud\google drive\office\clients\xyzxyz\xyzxyzsing\Corporate documentation\PMF\
Isn't there a possibility that the level of the subdir creates the problem ?
JOUBE
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *JOUBE »

tokjdm wrote: 2023-09-13, 09:34 UTC \\\Cloud\google drive\office\clients\xyzxyz\xyzxyzsing\Corporate documentation\PMF\
Isn't there a possibility that the level of the subdir creates the problem ?
I have tested it with your given folders. Sorry, no problems here with this. I'm at a loss.

Joube
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

I tried again using your method (selecting the subdir to be synchronized within the parent directory).

I you look at my first video https://tcmd.madsenworld.dk/syncgoogle.mp4 I use the method where I go to the directories that I want to synchronize in both file panels and just start the Sync tool without selecting anything, and I dont have problems with that either.

I also tested synchronizing c:\office\clients\xyzxyz\xyzxyzsing\Corporate documentation\PMF\ with \\\Cloud\google drive\office\clients\xyzxyz\xyzxyzsing\Corporate documentation\PMF\ - with no problems (the files I tested all have filenames with ANSI characters).
License #524 (1994)
tokjdm

Post by *tokjdm »

The method of going directly into the subdir without selecting them (left side/right side) was my initial method. The problem was the same with this method or the selection method.
If this is not a subdir level issue, I am at a loss too.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Could you perhaps post some folder names where the synchronization doesn't work correctly? That may help me find the reason of the problem.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Bump!
I need folder names to reproduce this issue!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Moderator message

Moved to plugins forum