mouse bug?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

racto

mouse bug?

Post by *racto »

hi.
sometimes, when i'm moving files from a panel to come drive in the drive bar, i get my usb mouse disconnected.
select some files with rb, drag them with lb to some icon drive, push rb to change to move, release lb, crash (mouse disconnected).
annoying bug that only happens with TC in my system.
mouse ms intellimouse explorer, drivers from winxp. in usb 1.1 and 2.0 on a MB asus a7v333, with tc v6.52.
maybe in not a bug with TC, but happens only in this program.
any help please.
rodrigo
Clo

Try left ?

Post by *Clo »

2racto

:) Hello !

- Did you try to set the left button for the selection, and does the issue occur in that case ?

- Personally, I'm in the habit to use the left button and to install my mouse on a PS2 port -although it supports USB- and I never noticed any trouble like yours…

:mrgreen: Kind regards,
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
Jungle

Re: Try left ?

Post by *Jungle »

racto wrote:select some files with rb, drag them with lb to some icon drive, push rb to change to move, release lb, crash (mouse disconnected).
annoying bug that only happens with TC in my system.
mouse ms intellimouse explorer, drivers from winxp. in usb 1.1 and 2.0 on a MB asus a7v333, with tc v6.52.
Can't confirm. TC 6.53, mouse Logitech M-BJ69, xp drivers, mb ASUS p4b533.
Clo wrote:2racto

- Did you try to set the left button for the selection, and does the issue occur in that case ?
Left button selecting doesn't work (TC 6.53). Drag&Drop operation begins instead of selecting. The same with the right button (when selecting by right mouse button enabled everything is fine). Left button selects only with CTRL pressed, but the same works also when selecting by right mouse button enabled. So what is the sense of having 2 options? Or maybe it's a bug? Or i've missed something?
Clo

It works !

Post by *Clo »

2Jungle

¤ Indeed, the left button works for the selection ! I use it for almost ten years in (W)-T-C ! You must choose it in Options >> Operation because it's not set by default !
- Then, you get the standard Windows' behaviour…
… and the local-menu from the right button.

:mrgreen: KR
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
Jungle

Re: It works !

Post by *Jungle »

Clo wrote:2Jungle

¤ Indeed, the left button works for the selection ! I use it for almost ten years in (W)-T-C ! You must choose it in Options >> Operation because it's not set by default !

… and the local-menu from the right button.
Go to Options >> Operation and set selecting by left button. Now you can select a couple of files one by onse with left button only with CTRL pressed. And you still have the right-mouse menu - just right click on a file.
Now set selecting by right mouse button. You can select a couple of files simply by pressing right button and moving mouse up or down without need to press CTRL. And the right-mouse menu is here again - just right click on a file and wait a little.
So the left button selecting works the same way in both cases - when right button selecting enabled and when left button selecting enabled. Why do we need 2 options?
IMHO, left button mouse selecting should work exactly as the right button selecting.

BTW. Select a group of files. Now go to Options >> Operation and change the way of selecting. Press Apply. File panel is refreshed and all selected files become unselected! It works not each time but very often and sometimes it also works when you change a language, for example.
And what if ihad 100 files selected!? Now i have to select again! It's not acceptable. I think it's a BUG.
Last edited by Jungle on 2005-12-23, 10:33 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Jungle,
File panel is refreshed and all selected files become unselected!
Press Num/ to restore selection.

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Jungle

Post by *Jungle »

Hacker wrote:Press Num/ to restore selection.
It doesn't work.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Well, in that case you need to save selection first. You can define a shortcut for the command cm_SaveSelection=530;Temporarily save selection.

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

Before changing the selection type just do:
[Alt]+[m]ark then ave selection.

Then Num/ will restore the selection.

For the described operation ( select files, change mouse selection mode, continue operation with before selected files) I would not consider as a everyday job, I would not consioder this a bug.

With changing the language I cannot confirm the deselection of the files.

stefan
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
Jungle

Post by *Jungle »

Thank you for advice, but I've never used selection saving because i didn't need it and i probably will not use it very often, if ever. Maybe it's not a bug, but imho it's a objectionable thing that can be fixed. Now i'll have to remember that i should save selection before opening Options and then restore it. 2 unnecessary operations and wasted time.
roentgen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *roentgen »

Selection is saved automatically... no need to save it manually before any operation
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

roentgen666 wrote:Selection is saved automatically... no need to save it manually before any operation
If you had read the thread you would have known that:

1 select some files
2. open Configuration->Options->Operation: Chnaging the mouse selection mode (Use right mouse button or Left mouse button)
3. Apply

is unselecting the files and can not be restored with Num/.

When saving this selection (as step 1.a ) you could restore the last selection.

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

Selection is saved automatically... no need to save it manually before any operation
Only if some kind of file operation (copy, change attributes etc.) has been performed.

BTW pressing Ctrl+U also deselects your file selections - that has annoyed me for years :!:
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
racto

Post by *racto »

" Indeed, the left button works for the selection ! I use it for almost ten years in (W)-T-C ! You must choose it in Options >> Operation because it's not set by default !
… and the local-menu from the right button."
not just like windows. you can't draw a box to select several files, you have to click in the first&last files with shift, or select them 1by1 with control.
the rmb behavior is much more flexible (i use some key to the context menu). but it has the annoying lightning-fast-scroll-bug in the brief view.

about the original question: i tried the left button and the mouse locks the same, but one time it happened not in tc. must be some driver/hardware failure.
rodrigo
Jungle

Post by *Jungle »

Jungle wrote:Maybe it's not a bug, but imho it's a objectionable thing that can be fixed. Now i'll have to remember that i should save selection before opening Options and then restore it. 2 unnecessary operations and wasted time.
as i see it's not fixed in 6.54pb2...