IrfanView like ACDC

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

majkinetor

IrfanView like ACDC

Post by *majkinetor »

Can ANOYBODY PLEEEASE, tell me, what the f8ck should I do to make this stupid program act like ACDC or SGViewer ?

I never seen such owfull configuration in my entire life !

What I want:

- When I click on the picture, I want defaults to be: full screen, center image, fit only big images.
- FullScreen toogle on middle mouse button
- While not in fullscreen, centered image and STATIC window!

ACDC system in short !

Thank you.

ps:
- I hate Irfanview.
- I like SGViewer but it is very slow and intel drivers cant change that... it has very slow zoom also on any other interpolation not counting linear.
- I hate XnView and its random freezing
- I hate ACDC and its bunch of "make my pictures cool" or "upload to another galaxy" features

I just want fast and small app, with as many formats as possible, having ACDC mouse and keyboard and view interface.

I know that there are power IrfanView users who can help me.
Thank you, again.
Last edited by majkinetor on 2006-01-14, 00:33 UTC, edited 2 times in total.
We are not doing this just for the money.
We are doing it for sh*t load of money.

r-moth.com
r-moth.deviantart.com
majkinetor

Post by *majkinetor »

I just want fast and small app, with as many formats as possible
heh.... I am a genious

r-moth.com
r-moth.deviantart.com
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

Have you tried Imagine - or is that too lean. Imagine is not just a Lister plugin, it also has a standalone executable.

"THIS IS THE BEST AVATAR EVER" ROTFL
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
majkinetor

Post by *majkinetor »

I tried them all.
Irfan view is the fastets on my computer. That's the reason for this post.

r-moth.com
r-moth.deviantart.com
Sam_Zen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sam_Zen »

I've worked for years now with IV, because it is simple but versatile. And always up to date with current formats, due to the plugins. And Irfan Skiljan proved to me to listen well to mails with suggestions or comments.
And what's the difference between clicking the middle mouse-button or hitting a certain key on the KB ?
A matter of learning a new command-point in the protocol for a certain routine to get something done.
majkinetor

Post by *majkinetor »

...and what's the difference between clicking the middle mouse-button or hitting a certain key on the KB ?
The difference is, that I like to sit down, and relax, and never touch the keyboard, and too do as many things as I can with the mouse. In some other body positions I prefer only the keyboard. Myabe this sounds crazy too you but thats how it is.

And sometimes, my left to middle finger hurts as hell from clicking (hej, does anybody have this desease ?) so I use keyboard..... and IN OTHER TIMES, my venes hurt as hell from typing so I have to stick with the mouse. And when it comes to both things.... I hope that we will have nanotechnogly in every house with autodoctor cells installed..... or I will kill my self :?:
Last edited by majkinetor on 2006-01-14, 09:48 UTC, edited 1 time in total.

r-moth.com
r-moth.deviantart.com
SQUIRE

Post by *SQUIRE »

2majkinator:
And sometimes, my left to middle finger hurts as hell from clicking (hej, does anybody have this desease ?) so I use keyboard..... and IN OTHER TIMES, my venes hurts as hell from typing so I have to stick with the mouse. And when it comes to both things.... I hope that we will have nanotechnogly in every house with autodoctor cells installed.
Hmmm, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome AND Deep Vein Thrombosis! - you're clearly spending far too much time slaving in front of the box; no wonder you've developed a dyspeptic disposition :wink: . Nanodocs no good, suggest Tai Chi every morning :D
.... or I will kill my self
Promises, promises!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
- When I click on the picture, I want defaults to be: full screen, center image, fit only big images.
- FullScreen toogle on middle mouse button
- While not in fullscreen, centered image and STATIC window!
RTFM? :shock:

[1] Options/Properties/Full Screen/ "fit to screen: all images/movies"
[2] Options/Properties/Misc1/ "view all files in directory" & "jump always to next image"
[3] Options/Properties/Misc2/ "center window when loading new image" & "remember the last window size/position"
[4]

Normal mode:

Wheel up......................Load previous file in directory OR scroll image up
Wheel down..................Load next file in directory OR scroll image down
CTRL + Wheel up..........Zoom in
CTRL + Wheel down......Zoom out

Full screen mode:

Left button click............Load previous image in the directory
Right button click..........Load next image in the directory
Left button click.............. in the upper left or right screen corner = close full screen.
F..................................Change/loop the full screen display/fit option
R-arrow........................Load next image in directory
L-arrow.........................Load previous image in directory

:D
majkinetor

Post by *majkinetor »

[3] Options/Properties/Misc2/ "center window when loading new image"
Is this going to make preview window jump (fllicker) when I scroll fastly throught collection of small differently sized images (like in old versions.... ) ?

r-moth.com
r-moth.deviantart.com
SQUIRE

Post by *SQUIRE »

Inevitably.
Either scroll thru collection by rolling mouse wheel in full-screen mode as it's less distracting...
Or better yet, use thumbnail view and set image size (in thumbnail screen options) to what you're happy with. View full screen of, say, 200x200 thumbnails a full page at a time. No flickering then.
majkinetor

Post by *majkinetor »

Inevitably.
Either scroll thru collection by rolling mouse wheel in full-screen mode as it's less distracting...
[3] Options/Properties/Misc2/ "center window when loading new image" & "remember the last window size/position"
Then I'll continue to stick to SGViewer...
And I don't know how that behavior get along with "remember the last window size/position" if it jumps around my screen. Or is it just me, noticing bad design isue here.

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome AND Deep Vein Thrombosis!
Thanks for the info... I am doing research on this topic. Maybe it can help.
I think you are the greatest for telling me this. My phisycal therapist didn't mention a thing about it.
you're clearly spending far too much time slaving in front of the box
clearly.
about slaving.... I don't know.... maybe you are slave too your computer but in my life, it is usualy reversed direction.
.... or I will kill my self
Promises, promises!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
majkinetor and selfdestruction ?..... wow, that will bring smiles even to the smallest kids.
It is surely one thing not te be missed if you plan to have a good fun !!!

Sadly.... its not going to happen today. But what brings tomorrow... you never know... :wink:

r-moth.com
r-moth.deviantart.com
SQUIRE

Post by *SQUIRE »

And I don't know how that behavior get along with "remember the last window size/position" if it jumps around my screen
Not quite sure I follow your meaning. The image will always remain centered, but if the next image is wider, then naturally a wider pic is displayed (but still centered). Nothing actually 'jumps' around the screen. Are you saying you want the image auto shrunk/expanded to always fit into a constant-sized rectangle? AFAIK, Irfanview can't do this.

Does SGViewer do so? I've never tried it.
Sadly.... its not going to happen today. But what brings tomorrow... you never know...
Look on the bright side --- a possible WinSnap-Snippy marriage resulting in a smarter kid, TC 7 looming on the horizon, SanskritFritz declaring "I love you, Christian!" --- hey, hey, Spring must have sprung. It can only get better here on in! :D :D :D
Wombat

Post by *Wombat »

majkinetor

Try this Viewer does everything well

http://www.faststone.org/download.htm
majkinetor

Post by *majkinetor »

Are you saying you want the image auto shrunk/expanded to always fit into a constant-sized rectangle?
Yes. That's what I want.

Look on the bright side --- a possible WinSnap-Snippy marriage resulting in a smarter kid, TC 7 looming on the horizon, SanskritFritz declaring "I love you, Christian!" --- hey, hey, Spring must have sprung. It can only get better here on in!
I agree.... spring is here before time... birds, flowers ........... loooove!
"I love you, Christian" may be too much but though..... a REAL man would never say such thing :P :twisted: :P

@ wombat
Try this Viewer does everything well
we will see.....

r-moth.com
r-moth.deviantart.com
majkinetor

Post by *majkinetor »

@ Squire
Does SGViewer do so? I've never tried it.
Yes.
This is great viewer. You should give it a try.

@ wombat
I am trying the app you sugested now. It has really nice full screen interface. I never saw something this nice. I advice everybody too try full screen with this app... Solid speed for now. We will see how it behaves on long run.

PS: Does anybody know some viewer for animated pngs ? AFAIK none of mentioned apps handle this....
this is the link to animated png I like to view:
Image: http://www.r-moth.com/_/wipeout.png

r-moth.com
r-moth.deviantart.com
Ergo

Post by *Ergo »

I would recommend ACDSee version 2.4. Its the best ACDSee version IMHO :)
Wincmd.ru WWW.TOTALCMD.NET
I see that future is near...