FAQ User interface
- If I run a DOS program or a DOS command from Total Commander's command line, I always land in c:\ (or another fixed directory) instead of the current directory!
- On Windows 95, why doesn't drag&drop to the desktop work?
- How do I keep Total Commander from re-reading the directories in the file windows each time I switch to Total Commander? With network drives this can take quite some time!
- How can I quickly switch to an often used directory?
- Is there a simple way to make Total Commander display the disk space used by all directories in the current directory individually?
- The symbols in the button bar look fuzzy and unclean.
- In the file lists, Total Commander doesn't display the right icons for files associated with programs! It displays the *.ICO file type icon for all!
- How can I add a program to the button bar?
- How can I delete or change a button in the button bar?
- How can I access the context menu from Total Commander? A right click only selects the file.
- Can Total Commander use the 'Quick View' file viewers in Windows95?
- Total Commander saves the last 20 command lines, but since I often enter passwords and other confidential information, I would like to disable this function.
- Why does the frame around the current file disappear if I type something in the command line?
- After the execution of a DOS command such as DIR the window is closed so quickly that the output of the program is unreadable!
- For very big files, the 'size' column is too small to display the number. Can this be changed?
- Why are only files sorted by date/time, but not directories?
- How can I access the Windows desktop?
- Can I display files with special attributes, directories etc. in a different color?
- How can I display images other than BMP in Lister (F3) or the Quick View window (Ctrl-Q)?
- Can the slow scrolling through file lists be accelerated?
- Since I work with XP the Hotkey in main menu isn't underlined anymore
Back to FAQ