Total7zip

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, sheep, Hacker, Stefan2

Akon

Re: Total7zip

Post by *Akon » 2018-09-30, 16:25 UTC

Backing to my WIM-problem: I'm using Total7zip with external 7-Zip (installed) 64-bit. Packing to WIM-archive from TC with default options works fine, i.e. I only press Alt+F5, then choose radiobutton "o - > wim":..., and getting WIM-archive. Entering to WIM-archive also works fine. Good work from Total7zip!

Now I need to add NTFS permissions to archive. Is it conveniently possible somehow with Total7zip?

As far as I understand "Configure..." button from "Pack files" dialog (Alt+F5) calls addition configuration dialog of a packer. Am I right?

Concretely, Total7zip calls 7zG.exe there. However, changing parameters there leads to further errors in my case, for example, when I simply choose "wim" archive. How does Total7zip work with parameters here? What's logic?

Is it possible to configure Total7zip to always apply some parameters, i.e. always add NTFS permissions for WIM-archives?

Akon

Post by *Akon » 2018-09-30, 16:50 UTC

I found a workaround here in this topic:
You are right - volumes setting is not saved.
But this is how original 7-zip works.

You can use volumes - just use this trick:
1. press Alt+F5, "Pack Files" dialog will be displayed.
2. choose "7z" packer
3. check "Encrypt" - if this option is set, plugin will show you settings dialog before it will create archive.
4. do not enter password in this dialog, but set your volume size in this dialog and press OK.

In other words, you can always use "Encrypt" checkbox in Total Commander to tell plugin that you want to see options dialog and add some special option only for this new archive.
In my case instead of volumes settings I wanted WIM-archive settings. So, to call settings dialog and get result from it one must not use "Configure..." button, but "Encrypt" checkbox. Not so obvious, though:)

Akon

Post by *Akon » 2018-10-01, 05:25 UTC

After I have managed with packing to WIM-archive with NTFS permissions, I meet obstackle to unpack such archive properly, i.e. with restoring NTFS-permissions. Neither TC's convenient way "enter to archive and copy from" nor "Unpack files" dialog (Alt+F9) do it. This makes Total7zip not very useful for me, unfortunately.

Nevertheless, I'm keeping a hope and repeated - are there any ways to unpack WIM-archives with NTFS permission restoring with Total7zip plugin? Maybe some settings in Total7zip.xml? This action is trivial with 7-Zip shell context menu.