Bug using directory branch (Ctrl+B)

Bug reports will be moved here when the described bug has been fixed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

bdk

Bug using directory branch (Ctrl+B)

Post by *bdk »

I mistakingly posted this in the "fixed bugs" forum first. But here it is in the correct forum:

I have encountered what I believe to be a bug. It involves the ignorelist, the use of directory branch and CVS (or probably just some refreshing of files). I'll try to explain.

Navigate to some folder which has subfolders with files in them. These folders (in my case) are checked into CVS. Each of them therefore has a hidden CVS folder. I have added CVS to the ignore list in TC so that the CVS folders does not show. I press Ctrl+B to get the directory branch. The contents of the hidden CVS folders does not show, which is good. If I select one file in the branch which is edited on my machine, thus different from the one in the CVS repository and replace it with the file from the repository (CVS -> Update Special -> get Clean copy), the hidden files from the CVS folders suddenly appear in the directory branch view. This is wrong.

Did anybody understand that?

I guess you don't have to use CVS to reproduce this bug. I guess a Get Clean copy from CVS forces some sort of refres of the entire folder structure in wich TC "forgets" to consult the ignore list.

Any comments?
Clo

Please, remove.

Post by *Clo »

2bdk

[mod] Please, remove the useless duplicate message you wrote in the “Fixed bugs” forum, as long as nobody answers, you can. TIA
Claude
Clo(Moderator)[/mod]
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I will check that, thanks for the detailed description.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Please check whether this has been fixed now!
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
bdk

Fixed confirmed

Post by *bdk »

I downloaded the beta3-version and the bug is gone, as far as I can tell.

Thanx