[Req] Delete without confirm querys dialogs

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

AbteriX

[Req] Delete without confirm querys dialogs

Post by *AbteriX »

I think i have seen this request befor a few days in an another thread, but didn't find it again.

If i want to delete an directory i know what i do.

But after clicking of [Yes] i must sit and wait for to answer the Questions:
* "Dir is not empty"
* "File is Read only"
* "File have hidden or system attribute"

There is no prognosis when this questions arise,
so i must sit and observe the hole deleting process :-(

Feature request:
In most case i want a checkbox like "[x] Delete without query (Dangerous)"
and the hole dir will be deleted without query-confirm-pop-ups.

And yes, i know there are settings in Options\Misc.....
but i don't wanna set them by default!
Only case by case.
Abterix
m^2
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *m^2 »

Support+++
Stitscher
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Stitscher »

Hi!
There is a request in the german forum very similar to yours.
---> see here

To have an option in the dialogbox to delete/copy/move files without requests would be very nice.

Support.

Stitscher
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

If there was such an option, TC should carfully check if there is a recycle bin, is there is enough room in the recycle bin, etc...
I switched to Linux, bye and thanks for all the fish!
AbteriX

Post by *AbteriX »

Thanks for support.
SanskritFritz wrote:If there was such an option, TC should carfully check
if there is a recycle bin, is there is enough room in the recycle bin, etc...
Don't kidding. No one must use this check box option.
And they who use this must know what they do. (like deleting and pressing Yes,Yes,Yes..)

But maybe instead of an check box
an hidden feature like
holding e.g. the Shift-key AND the Ctrl-key down while clicking of the first Yes-button
would be better to secure novices users??? (and us too :lol: ? )
Abterix
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

You can already doing it by configuring the Explorer delete method and then turning off confirmation in recycle bin on the desktop.

Unfortunately there is no way to find out reliably whether a drive supports the recycle bin or not, or whether it's turned off, so I will not add it to the internal delete function.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Phr3d

how about move?

Post by *Phr3d »

I can understand the dangers of delete, but it shouldn't be near the danger with move, if I understand your method of 'moving a file'. To be certain, a move file command (as I read back at version 2.x when I bought this) was to copy the file, Verify that it was copied correctly, then delete the original file.

I originally asked about this -pre-forum- (an email feature request) and then the whole name-change thing happened and I refused to update for a while <smiles> because your program is Always loaded, and I liked the title to read '<ahem> something' Commander, instead of Total Commander. I always wondered if my feature request had been added.

New computer, x64, so time to start completely fresh, including a pristine install of Total Commander 6.55...

So again, could we have a checkbox or however would be universally safe, to IGNORE the necessary precautions for hidden/system/ignored file-types, so that when we are moving a directory we are not expected to sit around watching the progress bar until a hidden/system/ignored file is finally Moved, and we can THEN answer 'ignore all'. If there was even an ignore everything else TOO it would be easier, but honestly... whenever I have to move one of my Huge directories onto a new drive I KNOW- and even smile about the fact - that the second that I finally get up and leave to get a drink, I will return to find the 'ignore' message on my screen, with the progress bar stopped at EXACTLY the moment that I chose to leave, heheh.

Unless I am missing something, I see no danger in a check-box to allow ignore hidden/system/ignore settings on Move for each occurence, or better yet, to just IGNORE those settings in the case of any Move operation.

Thanx for the best darned program I have ever owned, I practically force everyone I know to use it, as I am the resident computer geek for going on 20 years (yes, I came to you from Norton Commander).
carpe` cervesi
knf (35402)