Copying, Moving.... at BACKGROUNG - Back to FOREGROUND

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

NuClear

Copying, Moving.... at BACKGROUNG - Back to FOREGROUND

Post by *NuClear »

I do many COPY and MOVE tasks and every is moved to background.

But then I sometimes have problem
when I need details on some backgounded task!

So I need add possibility (new icon on top of background task)
which move back small backgounded task to main TC window.
(If in this time already other main task exists, so is this backgounded - both are just exchanged).
NuClear
Dark-Star

Post by *Dark-Star »

I actually wanted a feature like this, too. But in the end I was wondering: What's the difference? IMHO background tasks already show everything you need. They even have a "pause" button, which the foreground task does not.

So what "details" do you need, which the foreground transfer supplies but the background transfer does not?

My 2 cents: I think implementing what you want to do will be nearly impossible, simply because of how TC is designed internally. Moving a copy job out to a separate thread is easy. The other way round isn't.

related Wish: how about adding an "pause" button to a foreground copy operation too? Right now, when I want to (for example) burn something, I want TC to pause copying so that my disks can supply the needed bandwidth. So I need to send the current copy-job to the background and *then* press "pause" there. It would be nice to have a "pause" button in the standard "copying" dialog, too...
NuClear

Infos about Backgrounded task

Post by *NuClear »

What a pitty....

So is possible to improve infos of backgrounded task ?
I am interresting about /this i main reason for backing task for foreground/

-Full name
-Full target path
-Full source path

Ussually I forgot where every task have source and target :-)
and I have very deep directories so they are not displayed in small bacgrounded tasks.....

I was thinking about Yellow bubble with these infos when I move mouse pointer to backgounded task.

Pause in foreground task is nice idea too.
NuClear