Feature Request - Essential Features

Support for PocketPC and WinCE version

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Ummagumma

Feature Request - Essential Features

Post by *Ummagumma »

That's, of course, my opinion, but I think the following features are essential for a "perfect" file manager. I own Resco Explorer and also have TC and GSFinder+. I end up using them about 30% - 60% - 10%. I really would like to only use TC. The main points of TC for me are speed and dual window mode.

So, here's the list of features that I think are essential but yet missing:

1) Back / Forward buttons. Exist in Resco and GS Finder.

2) Recycle bin. Currently only in Resco. An easy way to make it is to assing a "move to Recycle directory" command to Delete button, possibly with a checkmark for a permanent delete.

3) Dynamic search, where a search list is saved as a folder view and gets updated on files moved / deleted. Currently only exists in GSFinder and is my only reason for still using it.

4) A true "Open with.." command. Exists in both Resco and GSFinder.

5) Command to copy complete file path and name to the clipboard. Exists in both Resco and GSFinder.

The following are nice features, although not essential and can easily be done by 3rd party apps:

6) File encryptor. Resco has it. Can be done by a number of free apps like FreeOTFE (volume based) or CCRRYYPPTTOO (file based). CCRRYYPPTTOO can be programmed to work from TC toolbar but I am not sure to the level of protection it offers. This really should be a feature of file explorer though, imho.

7) File erasor (secure wipe). There's a freeware program to do it, but I was unable to make it work from TC toolbar. Again, I believe this should be incorporated in file explorer.

Thanks !