navigation plugin support

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

aqswdefr

navigation plugin support

Post by *aqswdefr »

We all know navigation commands like
-go to next/previous file, first/last file
-go to next/previous page
-select all files with certain matching pattern (e.g. same extension)
All these commands are hardcoded.
What if TC allows more navigation:
-go to the 1st file which has the same attribute based on content plugin as active file (that looks very complicated but it includes going to the 1st file with same extension, or going to the 1st file (not folder))
-select files with filename not suitable for burning to CD (long path, bad characters), loop through them (to allow renaming)
-select file on the other side which corresponds to active file (based on some attribute from content plugin)
-assigning shortcuts to such commands (after defining complicated task (preferably during runtime, or with some easy scripting language))
I guess you got the point
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *fenix_productions »

2aqswdefr
Please, read a little bit about AHK. It can give you some of those functionalities.
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

aqswdefr

Post by *aqswdefr »

Thanks for telling me, I didn't know about it before.
I tried it - I found almost exact script I needed and finally I successfully adjusted it for my purpose.
However this solution has huge problem with timing - it does not work correctly without Sleep and therefore it depends on computer performance and CPU usage.
I think we still need some nice solution which is not workaround (though really powerful)
Thank you anyway