Work with NTFS extra features. It is possible?

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Kmz

Work with NTFS extra features. It is possible?

Post by *Kmz »

It is possible to add some functionality for work with ntfs threads, hard links, symbolic links? Especially with threads (NTFSLinks can be used for links).... It is good features, but not enough programs for work with these... :( These functionality will be very useful in TC...
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Do you mean 'stream' instead of 'thread'? If so, there is a plugin http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/NTFSFileStreams.html for work with NTFS file streams.
For NTFS reparse points (hardlinks, junctions, symlinks) I use NTFSLinks for creation and my plugin NTLinks for retrieving information.
Kmz

Post by *Kmz »

Sorry. Yes, I mean stream. :D Sometimes I confuse these words. :D .
This module is good, but it would be desirable that these possibilities existed directly in TC :roll:
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

I don't think that NTFS streams are so frequently used so we need it internally in TC.

Also I think that if good plugin exists, no need to integrate feature into TC directly.

Perhaps work with stream may be realized as work with archive but unfortunately TC doesn't allow to choose packer to open file. If TC allowed it, we would have some button to open file as streams container.