Additions to change directory menu are misplaced

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Octagon

Additions to change directory menu are misplaced

Post by *Octagon »

I have the Change Directory Menu (the one that is opened with the "*" next to file path and just below the tabs) configured so that the last item is a submenu. When I use the "Add current dir" entry, the current directory is added to that submenu. So, when I enter the Change Directory Menu again immediately after the addition I do not see any changes but the "Add current dir" entry is replaced by the "Remove current dir" entry.

It took me some effort to figure out that the new entry resides in the submenu. I guess the right place for new entries is the top level so that they can be easily seen.
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

Hello,

I cannot confirm this behavior.

the command "Add current dir" adds current dir at the end of menu not inside the last sub-menu.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Octagon,
Every submenu consists of two items, header -Submenu and footer --. Footer -- must be below the header -Submenu. Please check it, maybe your footer is somewhere above submenu header - in this case all items below header are submenu items.
Octagon

Post by *Octagon »

Yes, there was no -- separator at the end. I created it as "--" with Add Item.

After I played more with the menu configuration dialog I see that it works the right way. It is a bit strange that I cannot create a submenu with Add Item "-Submenu", though.

Unless somebody wants to make the "Directory hotlist" help entry more verbose, I guess this item should be closed.
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

2Octagon

Try to use Directory Menu Editor, for easily editing you directory menu.