Deleting binary files with quickview switched on

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ttca

Deleting binary files with quickview switched on

Post by *ttca »

Just wonder about the following bug in 7.55a (Win XP SP3, DualCore CPU):

File list on right side with video files (mpg, each about 900MB) and txt description files. Left side with quick view.
I marked video file and txt file. Then pressed delete. Txt file is removed, video file is still in the right list but quickview does not show any contents anymore. Both files are not visible anymore , if TC is restarted . CTRL-R does not solve issue. Was possible to reproduce error again after restart with other files.
Does not occur with quick view switched off.
No Quick view plugin active.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Sounds like a directshow filter (used to play audio and video) is locking the file. Some other user also had this problem. You can use the tool GraphEdit from Microsoft (-> Google search) to check what filters are used for that particular video file.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
ttca

Post by *ttca »

ghisler(Author) wrote:Sounds like a directshow filter (used to play audio and video) is locking the file. Some other user also had this problem. You can use the tool GraphEdit from Microsoft (-> Google search) to check what filters are used for that particular video file.
Well, I also think that the file is locked for any reason. The mpg file was not played before.
I know graphedit, but how can I see, which filter blocks the file just my marking it or set mouse on it ?
There are also tool tip plugins installed for .mpg files, which are blocking access for a short time, when moving mouse over the file.

I any way, I would expect e.g. an error message from TC.
The file was deleted by TC, but file list was not updated, so the browser file list is inconsistent. I have not seen this with another version of TC before.