This forum uses cookies. Click X button to hide this message. What is stored? / Privacy
Total Commander Forum Index Total Commander
Forum - Public Discussion and Support

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Would you like to see macros for Total Commander?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Total Commander Forum Index -> Total Commander Polls (English) Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you like to see macros for Total Commander?
Yes I would like to see macros as part of the core of TC.
57%
 57%  [ 112 ]
I would like macros but I prefer a plug-in approach.
15%
 15%  [ 31 ]
I need macros and I don’t really care about the method of implementation. Any will do!
17%
 17%  [ 34 ]
My external macro application does the job for me although with an added cost!
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
I’m using a freeware macro tool that integrates fine with TC.
2%
 2%  [ 4 ]
I’m satisfied with my external macro tool but the integration with TC isn’t ideal!
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
I find macros useless.
5%
 5%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 195

pdavit
Power Member
Power Member

Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A necessary crosslink:

http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=525
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member

Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh! The first step is done!!! Very Happy

Check this out: http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=2499

Thanx Aezay! Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
XelaRellum

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:29 am    Post subject: Macros? Python scriptable! Reply with quote

I would really like macros, but I hope there wont be YASL (yet another scripting language). So why not use Python? I believe people would love this!

Xela
Francesco

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 5:31 am    Post subject: Re: Macros? Python scriptable! Reply with quote

XelaRellum wrote:
I would really like macros, but I hope there wont be YASL (yet another scripting language). So why not use Python? I believe people would love this!

Xela

YES! Python would be cool!
It should be the first choice.
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think exporting all functions to a COM model would be sufficient. This way all scripting languages could call TC functions, if they support COM or at least DLL late binding.
MPS

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

batch files still work for me :]
Juglator

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd really like to see macros, and I think it's a feature suitable for the TC core. That might help for a cleaner, more flexible design.

A design I'd like to see is to keep pretty much the entire UI intact with the Preferences dialog, *but* with a new feature under the "Misc." options where you define hotkeys. Instead of just adding one command like those built-in cm_* commands, let a user call a custom function. It could use the very same text field.

Next, have a button there for a function/script designer (or it could just open something like Notepad, hehe), and what you add into that Command text field could now be not just the cm_* commands, but also the same as a function that's called in a script.

As for which language -- oh I don't really care much... I'd like to be able to call cm_* commands from within the script though, and have functions with parameters, to for example set pane widths from a script.

That was actually what brought me here -- I'd like one key in TC to expand the thumbnail view to give it a bit extra room at the cost of the other panel, and restore it again once I return to the regular list view. Smile That's an example of a macro that would ideally only need two lines -- one to call a function to set pane widths, and another to switch view mode in the focused list.
dott

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How So?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Total Commander Forum Index -> Total Commander Polls (English) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: