[8.0x] Several issues deleting current task in BTM

Bug reports will be moved here when the described bug has been fixed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Flint
Power Member
Power Member

[8.0x] Several issues deleting current task in BTM

Post by *Flint »

There are three problems which are interconnected, that's why I report them together (see the items marked red below).

1. Start TC 8.0 or 8.01rc1 with fresh INI.
2. Navigate somewhere with files, select 3 or more files large enough so that copying each of them took at least several seconds.
3. Press F5, F2.
4. In the BTM dialog click the first line (the file currently being copied), click the [-] button.
5. TC asks for confirmation, press "Yes".
6. The dialog "User abort!" appears. Why should TC display it if we already confirmed our action?
7. Well, confirm our decision once more by pressing OK.
8. The current file is removed from the queue, TC starts copying the second file, and immediately shows "User abort!" dialog again — for the second file which was not requested to be removed.
9. If you press OK again in this new "User abort" dialog, the BTM removed the current task (the file which was second before removing the first one) and then goes into the Paused mode. If you press Start button, one more "User abort!" dialog is shown for the next file, and so on, and so forth.
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
MaxX
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MaxX »

Confirm, have the same situation on both 32 and 64 bit versions.
Ukrainian Total Commander Translator. Feedback and discuss.
umbra
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *umbra »

The unexpected "paused mode" happened to me a few times too (even with a single file in BTM). But I wasn't sure if the error was in TC or in me. So yes, I can confirm this too.
Windows 7 Pro x64, Windows 10 Pro x64
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

In RC2 subsequent transfers are no longer interrupted after the first one is removed, so the main issue is fixed.

However, I still don't understand why the "User abort" dialog is shown at all. Isn't the first confirmation enough?
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Thanks for confirming the fix!

The "User abort" comes from the underlying copy function. It gives the user a last chance to resume the copying.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com