Total Commander & plugin updater
[face=tahoma]Direct download link:
- Download (Latest version: v0.8.6.9 | Release date: 02-04-2015 | 3,7 MB | MD5 (exe): c375b8386df4bfb96c123c39caac2559)
- Total Updater is a small tool that helps you to keep your Total Commander & its plugins up-to-date.
If you are using dozens of plugins for TC / always wants to be sure that you are using the latest version of our beloved filemanager, then this software is definitely for you.
- [NEW!] Capability of downloading directly from SkyDrive, rghost.net and solidfiles.com (from 0.8.6)
- [NEW!] Install the downloaded plugins (may need admin rights)
- [NEW!] Ability to update Total Commander (may need admin rights)
- [NEW!] Self-update (may need admin rights)
- Built-in multilingual support:
Chinese Simplified, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Lithuanian, Polish, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Ukrainian
- Download files through SSL connection (in case the server forces it) - just download the latest zip from this site (x32) / x64 & unzip "libeay32.dll" & "ssleay32.dll" to Total Updater's dir
- List all of the installed plugins / addons / utilities & search the latest updates for them
- Advanced version detection routine: detect version based on history/readme files even if embedded verinfo field doesn't exists
- Advanced version compare routine: compare the files based on local&online version and date (if update found), to minimize the number of false alarms
- Download selected / marked plugins quickly & easily
(just double click on an item in the Download dialog to open the url in case a download fails for any reason [ssl connection / redirections / etc])
- Internal Plugin Database, which helps the utility to detect the plugins based on filename
- You can add custom new items to UserDB (just search their ID on totalcmd.net, and they're going to override the matching original DB entry)
- Simply click on "Marked items" / "Confirm updatable item(s) as latest" to avoid false alarms
- Display additional info of every plugin by double-clicking on it (in English / Russian language - based on system's current locale)
- Infobox feature - display verinfo & icon of each plugin (right click on the list & choose Show Infobox)
- Exclude from list option (file / directory)
- Full Unicode support
- Portability (no need to install)
- ... and much more!
- Basically any Total Commander version (heavily tested under 7.57a & 8.01)
- You can check the complete list by clicking here.
- Do you feel you could translate this utility to your (native) language? It's actually pretty easy - just download this language file, unzip & open it with Notepad (or any other lightweight text editor), then post the finished work here, or simply PM / mail me, and your language file will be in the next public version.
- Important notice: by copying "TotalUpdater.lng" file to the software's main directory, it automatically loads this file instead of the language file depending on the system language, so you can test it.
Notes:Bluestar wrote:Special thanks to the Totalcmd.net Staff, especially to Flint for his server-side scripts & loads of help, and to Andrei for the approval of server usage.
- You can also save your own UserDB entries to improve the online version detection - here you can find a simple guide which helps to correctly fill a new UserDB entry: Click here for the image (you simply need to find a plugin's webID on totalcmd.net using Search).