Request: predefined selection type defining non-empty dirs

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Rico

Request: predefined selection type defining non-empty dirs

Post by *Rico »

Hello all,

What I am looking for is a way to define a 'predefined selection type' with which I can select non-empty directories when the TC file-panel includes directory name(s).

I would like to use this for visually checking in which directories I downloaded items from newsgroups. I want to apply a different colour to those non-empty directories.

Anyone already succeeded in doing something similar or is this a new design request :?:

Thanks for your answers. :D
Last edited by Rico on 2004-05-18, 10:57 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

This was requested already, there is no funtionality like this at the moment. But there is, when you press Alt-Shift-Enter. The size of the directories will be counted, which takes a while. But the colors will be applied to directories and files as well.
I switched to Linux, bye and thanks for all the fish!
Rico

Post by *Rico »

SanskritFritz wrote:This was requested already, there is no funtionality like this at the moment. But there is, when you press Alt-Shift-Enter. The size of the directories will be counted, which takes a while. But the colors will be applied to directories and files as well.
Thanks! This already helps me a lot !! :lol:
Clo

ONE colour...

Post by *Clo »

2SanskritFritz
:) Hello,
• For directories, I would be amazed whether you could get several different colours…
* Please, have a look here :wink:

:mrgreen:  K R
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

2Clo
This kind of coloring works, it has nothing to do with the extension. I have a rule for coloring files bigger than 1M for more than a year now, and after pressing Alt-Shift-Enter, the appropriate directories are nicely colored.
I switched to Linux, bye and thanks for all the fish!