JOUBE
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Whatsapp exports with media can't be read

Post by *JOUBE »

petermad wrote: 2024-02-28, 13:53 UTC
Moved to "Total Commander for Android" from "TC11.x bug reports (English)"
2petermad
I really appreciate you writing where the posting was moved from. ghisler(author) and white should please copy this from you.
white
Power Member
Power Member

Re: ENG: Small talk / Geplauder / Forum Moderation / Spam-Report / Off-Topic

Post by *white »

Moderator message from: white » 2024-02-28, 14:11 UTC

Moved previous off-topic post from this location.
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Lister: request for the integrated multi-tab interface

Post by *Fla$her »

Amitabha613 wrote: 2024-03-14, 09:33 UTC If implemented, your very Windows taskbar will be in fact like a Lister tab bar that you require.
No. Your request has nothing to do with the current one and contradicts the essence of the tabs themselves, which are necessary precisely to get rid of excess in the taskbar and the list of windows.
Overquoting is evil! 👎
Amitabha613

Post by *Amitabha613 »

Fla$her wrote: 2024-03-14, 09:56 UTC
Amitabha613 wrote: 2024-03-14, 09:33 UTC If implemented, your very Windows taskbar will be in fact like a Lister tab bar that you require.
Your request has nothing to do with the current one
I disagree.

Firstly, read carefully my previous post - I've never written my request would be a genuine substitution for tabs in Lister. I've written that Windows taskbar will be LIKE a Lister tab bar. There's a difference.
contradicts the essence of the tabs themselves, which are necessary precisely to get rid of excess in the taskbar and the list of windows.
Perhaps technically-wise, formally-wise my request is indeed different from the subject. However, functionally-wise and rationally-wise my request is definitely relative and adjacent to the subject.

What's the definition of Tabs according to you? Can you take a look at the screenshot in my previous post and explain why the taskbar Lister buttons on that screenshot ain't tabs, functionally-wise? Do you assert that anything on the taskbar cannot actually be a tab (or function like a tab)?

Again, I assume that my request is relative to the subject - but in my case Lister tabs are placed on the taskbar, in your case they're in the Lister window.

However, 'taskbar tabs' are definitely faster and handier to access than tabs in the Lister window.

I perfectly understand, tho, that tabs on the taskbar and the Lister window are different things, and that you require them inside Lister itself.

I didn't like the bluntness and unsoundness of your opinions, tho.
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

2Amitabha613
Whether you like my opinion or not, it is precisely justified. The essence of your request is just to change the header to make it easier to identify the file name. In this thread, no one complained about the headline, so there is no question of any alternative. Maybe it seems to you that this is functionally similar, but it doesn't solve the mentioned problems named, including in the thread from the link from the first post. Did you read the reasoning from there? Apparently not.
Overquoting is evil! 👎
Amitabha613

Post by *Amitabha613 »

Fla$her wrote: 2024-03-14, 19:56 UTC The essence of your request is just to change the header to make it easier to identify the file name.
Yes, that was the essence of my request (which was linked from my 1st post in here), but the essence of that 1st post was to share an alternative solution to the matter. That'd be great if the solution is of some value for anyone.
In this thread, no one complained about the headline, so there is no question of any alternative.
Oh yeah, so 'by the book' now? No questions of any alternative, full stop? Are you asserting that on behalf of anyone who'd read this topic? Speak for yourself! Perhaps someone will find my modest (but relevant) input useful.
Maybe it seems to you that this is functionally similar, but it doesn't solve the mentioned problems named
It does not seem functionally similar to me, IT IS functionally similar. (That's pretty damn obvious.)

By basic reasoning and common sense (which you're not quite rooted in, judging by your demagogic writings), a goal can be achieved by various alternative ways. One alternative I provided, but you got all bitchy about it - I wonder why.
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

2Amitabha613
That'd be great if the solution is of some value for anyone.
Your request is discussed in the topic you created. I don't see any point in discussing it here.
No questions of any alternative, full stop?
You're misinterpreting my answer, which means that what you're suggesting is not an alternative for this request.
Speak for yourself!
That's what I'm doing, because I'm obviously more interested in implementation than you're. You're trying to manipulate public opinion by hinting at the hopelessness of implementation, although this is not supported by anything other than the amount of work.
Many didn't count on the dark mode, view modes, a new dir history menu, stand-alone search, etc., but they did appear.
IT IS functionally similar. (That's pretty damn obvious.)

By basic reasoning and common sense
That's where common sense gets lost. I directly pointed out to you the opportunity to read about the reasons for this request, but you continue to talk about the similarity, which, if there is, is only in the potential arrangement of buttons in one row, although it is known that starting with Windows 7, they can only be displayed as icons and grouped, which will never happen with tabs. Not to mention that the taskbar is not an element of the TC interface and assumes a different amount of manipulation described in another topic, which you apparently don't care about.

judging by your demagogic writings
but you got all bitchy about it
How many more inappropriate insults should I read here from you? 🤨

Added:
Alright genius, you've clearly displayed your blazing incompetence in common adjustments of Windows. All you wrote about Windows 7 is a plain incompetent bullsh#t. ... And I see absolutely no point in carrying on this 'discussion' with such a toxic and incompetent (what you've directly proven) demagogue like you.
🤦🏻‍♂️ It's just some kind of celebration of inattention and cheap trolling. This phrase doesn't mean that the display method is the only possible one. It means that the display of buttons can take the form where there are only icons. >>>
Fla$her wrote:although it is known that starting with Windows 7, they can only be displayed as icons and grouped
Yes, yes, I am completely incompetent. I don't know how to display buttons on a taskbar with text in a 15-year-old OS. Only yesterday my grandmother gave me a computer as a birthday present, and I, so stupid, came to argue with an outstanding expert in the field of computer technology and software. 🤣 😂 🤣

I will briefly answer the following unhealthy reflexion of the participant offended by the prejudices: his answers are completely saturated with toxicity, insults, speculation and lies. I'm not going to react to any more nonsense he's made up. Let him naively think that someone here will believe in all this unhealthy chatter.
Last edited by Fla$her on 2024-03-16, 03:11 UTC, edited 4 times in total.
Overquoting is evil! 👎
Amitabha613

Post by *Amitabha613 »

Fla$her wrote: 2024-03-14, 22:40 UTC Your request is discussed in the topic you created. I don't see any point in discussing it here.
I just offered a relevant alternative imho. The discussion (pretty toxic one) was started actually by you, not me.
No questions of any alternative, full stop?
You're misinterpreting my answer, which means that what you're suggesting is not an alternative for this request.
WTF are you drivelling about? Your blunt implication does not make any sense.
You're trying to manipulate public opinion by hinting at the hopelessness of implementation
In my initial post, I've actually supported the request with my very 1st sentence! I've never tried to manipulate public opinion in here. (Everyone will support what he requires the most - what manipulating are you talking about?!) It's all your sick conclusion.
Many didn't count on the dark mode, view modes, a new dir history menu, stand-alone search, etc., but they did appear
Oh yeah, and I can name a few other sane and handy proposals that were nevertheless never implemented.
I directly pointed out to you the opportunity to read about the reasons for this request, but you continue to talk about the similarity
I've read the reasoning for the request in the linked topic (the reasoning's basically 'the need for tabbed interface in Lister'), don't worry about that. Still, I don't get why I could not (and should not have) share a relevant alternative solution here (on which you - in a pretty toxic fashion - started giving me sh#t).
similarity, which, if there is, is only in the potential arrangement of buttons in one row, although it is known that starting with Windows 7, they can only be displayed as icons and grouped
Alright genius, you've clearly displayed your blazing incompetence in common adjustments of Windows. All you wrote about Windows 7 is a plain incompetent bullsh#t. My screenshot (of an alternative solution which is actually WORKING) was actually taken from Windows 7, mind you. It's only a matter of the standard Windows taskbar adjustments (Taskbar and Start Menu Properties). Also to my knowledge, the same result can be obtained in Windows 10 aswell.

Again, I assert that my 1st post in here was relevant and might be of interest to someone. (The moderators might correct me if I'm wrong on that.) And I see absolutely no point in carrying on this 'discussion' with such a toxic and incompetent (what you've directly proven) demagogue like you.
white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

Moderator message from: white » 2024-03-15, 07:52 UTC

Moved 6 posts from here to this thread.

2Amitabha613
2Fla$her
Please, stay on topic, don't use the forum for private conversations, read up on the forum rules and guidelines, be nice to each other and don't throw insults.
Before you post something, please ask yourself if your post is beneficial to everyone.

This is a moderator intervention, not open for discussion here. Do not respond to this post.
JOUBE
Power Member
Power Member

Re: [TC11.03] Cursor position does not move to new file in filelist when I copy a new file with SHIFT+F5

Post by *JOUBE »

Fla$her wrote: 2024-04-10, 08:19 UTC 2ghisler(Author)
It's only about copying, right? Will it affect the movement and the fixed bug?
Please simply state requirements and make suggestions on the topic (instead of asking questions like this). What wishes and suggestions are yours exactly on this topic?
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Re: [TC11.03] Cursor position does not move to new file in filelist when I copy a new file with SHIFT+F5

Post by *Fla$her »

Please simply state requirements and make suggestions on the topic (instead of asking questions like this).
Please do not set your own communication regulations (in this case, completely inappropriate). Everyone will figure out for themselves what to do and how to do it.
Overquoting is evil! 👎
white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

Moderator message from: white » 2024-03-15, 07:52 UTC

Moved 2 posts from here to this thread.

A reminder of one of the guidelines of this forum:
Don't tell users what they should or should not write and don't moderate other users. If you think moderator interaction is required please send an email to a moderator of your choice.
pgriffet

Post by *pgriffet »

Hi all, don't know if I am in the right topic. Nevertheless, I came across an article about the slowness of Windows Explorer11 and this is what I could read

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/n9Q2yszw/TC.jpg[/img]

According to his Twitter account, Andy Young is a former employee of Microsoft :mrgreen: